Video Files on Forum ×

Profondo Rosso / Deep Red soundtrack - Casio HT3000

giano

Hello dear all!

This is a HT3000 rendition of the progressive rock theme from the Goblin’s soundtrack of Deep Red/Profondo Rosso, a cult 1975 Italian thriller/horror movie by D. Argento.

The organ track has external reverb on it (Zoom 505ii), all other sounds are straight from the HT3000, with the bass being a layered patch. Concerning the drums, I have used the original HT3000 PCM samples played by the free DVS drum sampler VST, with a layered white-noise patch for the crash sound.

While the time signature is kind of weird, the melody line still remains natural in my opinion.

I hope you like it, and if you like the genre check out the movie, you will not be disappointed :)

Thanks for listening and all comments welcome!

Nice cover song.

A bit of trivia: the originali organ track story is quite interesting, because the song was recorded there https://www.forumstudios.it/en/

The recording studio is near a big church with a big pipe organ, the one in the photo below, so for Simonetti and friend was easy to get a big fat pipe organ sound on the recording.

I-due-arcangeli.jpg

Edited by mike71
  • Thanks 1

Hello @mike71wow thanks a lot for your comment and background information, very interesting! have you taken the picture yourself?

The organ patch in the cover is based on waveform #30, which sounds saw-ish with some additional metallic noise. 

If I had known which organ I was trying to replicate, probably I wouldn't have even tried :)

Edited by giano

About the picture, I found it on the parish site, and never visited that church actually, and the photo wasn't about the organ, but the wooden angel statue.

There are a lot of interesting things about the making of the movie, that I discovered listening to a radio programme. Anothet interesting story is that while the music was composed by Claudio Simonetti and Gobiln, the first group Dario Argento was thinking about were the Pink Floyd, but was too expensive.

• Like 1