Video Files on Forum ×

Concertmate 500 rebadged Casio

Hello everyone:

I have owned Casio keyboards for a very long time along with many Yamaha units as well. I used a CZ Dash one as my studio mini controller for many many years. Over 30 years ago I ordered a small sample and keyboard from the Casio company - to our family store - it was a mini 32 key, 4 voice poly 8 bit sampling keyboard. I had a lot of fun with this unit back in the day and periodically would drag it out to make a racket and irritate people. it was amazing technology for the day.

about six years ago I was in the local thrift store and saw a a Concertmate 500 which was a very similar keyboard made by Casio and rebadged with the RadioShack trade name...for $5!!... despite a couple of wonky keys near the bottom of the register, everything worked and it's been the best five bucks I've ever spent. In a moment of insanity last week, I improvised a one minute code to the terrible Omicron variant of COVID-19:

anyway, I hope everyone is staying as safe as possible and like me, enjoying my assortment of Casio keyboards of all types...😺

Rodney

• Like 1