Video Files on Forum ×

Electric shock in USB and MIDI port

Satyam

I have bought 870in casio keyboard.

After plugging it with adapter and switching it on.

I feel low voltage electric shock bare footed, from the USB and MIDI port(metal parts)

I tested USB and MIDI port with electric tester , bulb of the tester lights.

Is it normal as casio 870in comes with 2 pin adapter. Please anyone facing the same issue?

Edited by Satyam
more specificity

This might be due to a wiring issue with your home wiring or an extension cable. Considering it sounds like a limited current, it's probably some form of leakage current which can occur if something which should be Earthed isn't. What country are you in with what voltage and plugs (2 pin, 3 pin, 2 pin + Earth, etc)?

On 2/4/2022 at 6:40 AM, Mike Martin said:

Aside from static electricity, I'm not sure how that could occur. The power supply for your CT-X870IN is 9 volts which is pretty harmless. If you're concerned contact your Casio dealer or local distributor.

yea I know 9 volts are harmless to a human body, just wanted to know is it normal for all the keyboards having 2pin adapter as 870in has 2 pin adapter.

On 2/4/2022 at 8:10 AM, IanB said:

This might be due to a wiring issue with your home wiring or an extension cable. Considering it sounds like a limited current, it's probably some form of leakage current which can occur if something which should be Earthed isn't. What country are you in with what voltage and plugs (2 pin, 3 pin, 2 pin + Earth, etc)?

I am from India, I have checked the wiring, its absolutely perfect checked with new adapter too.  so Just wanted to know, is it normal for all the keyboards having 2pin adapter as 870in has 2 pin adapter?

51 minutes ago, Satyam said:

yea I know 9 volts are harmless to a human body, just wanted to know is it normal for all the keyboards having 2pin adapter as 870in has 2 pin adapter.

I have an XW-G1 that has 9,6 V input, and the wall adapter doesn't have a ground pin.

The small leakage current maybe it's due to the parasitic capacicance between primary and secondary windings of the switching transformer.