Video Files on Forum ×

can we add new tones to the CK-S 1000V?

I downloaded a number of TON files from the downloads on the site but could not see any way to install them.

I know you can create unique splits and layers and add special effects with the existing tones and save them as registrations. Is that the only option for adding custom tones?

Ok, I should have looked a little further. The answer as I understand it is no. You can modify (to some extent) existing tones and save them as registrations and that becomes your "user Bank" as such.

That raises the question about whether someone with strong skills in tone design could put together a set of registrations that were awesome and share them with other users? Could banks be imported easily into another instrument of the same model? 

10 minutes ago, Patrick Leach said:

Ok, I should have looked a little further. The answer as I understand it is no. You can modify (to some extent) existing tones and save them as registrations and that becomes your "user Bank" as such.

That raises the question about whether someone with strong skills in tone design could put together a set of registrations that were awesome and share them with other users? Could banks be imported easily into another instrument of the same model? 

Yes. You can save Registrations to a USB flash drive, then load these back in whenever needed. I'm almost certain that a Registration (or bank of Registrations) can be shared with others this way.

Also note that using DSPs and also some of the other tone sculpting options available (filter, envelope attack/ decay settings etc.) you can radically change the character of a Tone.  

• Like 2