Video Files on Forum ×

Ac/Dc. Question

21 hours ago, Kate H said:

I am considering buying a CT-S300 for my 6 year old granddaughter for her birthday.  She lives in Rwanda where the electricity is 220DC.  Can this be used with an adapter?

Hi @Kate H, Rwanda uses 220V AC. High Voltage DC type current is used for Cars,Boats,military and industrial and telecommunications equipment in industrial installations. I suspect your house is using the same European style power of 220V AC, 50Hz, 10A-16A. Eitherway, you need a power adaptor that takes in 220V AC input with the Casio 9VDC to 12VDC output(depending on if this model uses 9v or 12v). I think Rwanda uses Swiss type sockets? So a 3 Pin 10A 250V AC 50Hz in to what ever the Casio uses for its DC input voltage Out adaptor. I do think you guys have also the 2 pin European style plugs too so those power adaptors will work as well. Make sure the Casio DC jack voltage input is matched with your adaptor (9VDC or 12VDC or 9.5VDC?).

You should be able to use the Casio adapter with no issues. Modern adapters are designed to work with most world voltages between 100 and 240V AC. See picture of my S1000V adapter (the S300 should have similar specifications).

20220307_175453.thumb.jpg.5b0f9234e6a60d319688f1546141c937.jpg

• Like 2