Video Files on Forum ×

CDP S360 L&R volume control

WarrenF

I use the keyboard split feature to play bass and piano. Problem is I can't control the volumes separately. I need to boost the bass without boosting the right hand piano. I can kinda do it by boosting the bass on my amp but would rather have 2 volume controls. I've found that in duet mode you can split the stereo into separate channels which allows the left and right outputs to be controlled separately. But unlike split mode, only one instrument at a time can be chosen. Also you're stuck with the split being dead center of the 88. So I'm hoping for a solution to combine the duet mode and split mode so I can boost that bass line. Ideas? 

@WarrenF @SaxPiano

I have a software utility that will definitely fix this issue on the CDP-S350, it may or may not work the for the S360 but we plan to add support for that model very soon.

RBK Mixer (see thread below for demo videos, download links and installation instructions) allows individual control of volume and panning on the Upper 1, Upper 2 and Lower voices on the CDP-S350. SaxPiano should be good to use it as is, but with Warren's S360 I'm not sure if it will work.

A good way to test would be trying to load in the Utility Bank RBK files on your CDP-S360. If the S360 can import an S350 bank file, you should be able to make it work (you'll have to do a workaround to make it work, and I can explain how to do the workaround, but at the very least it'll work).

If importing one of these files gives you an "ErrFormat" message, then RBK Mixer will need to be updated to add support for the S360.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Chandler, thanks for responding to my post. I'm trying to test your RBK Mixer on my CDP-S360. But frankly I think this may be way over my head. I did get to the GitHub page with the 2 icons of your mixer but I don't see a way to download it. I don't see an obvious download button that might be used by non computer programmers. Can you point me in the right direction?  Thanks, Warren