Video Files on Forum ×

How do I dump user preset from my CZ5000 to PC?

syLee

Hi guys

I have this CZ5000 and I want to save my user presets on my computer but it seems that this machine doesn't have normal midi dump function like others.

can I ask how can I save my presets to my computer?

Thanks.

You could try this free CZ editor/ patch librarian app.

https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/vzv-cz-patch-editor/9NBT2LCQV3NQ?hl=en-us&gl=US

I've used a different app, VirtualCZ with my CZ-1 and CZ-101, but that program can only send MIDI to a CZ, not read from it. VZVCZ can also read as well as send, so it should do the trick for you. 

Edited by Chas
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The CZs can send and receive patch dump sysex (that's how VZV CZ works) but the computer has to send the request, there is a "handshake" in which the computer sends a request, and the CZ then replies with the patch dump. The CZ has no onboard function to just send a patch dump without a request from the computer.

• Thanks 1

@IanBReally!? Wow lol! I guess I never really thought about it for Casio about the midi dump.. I always seen the option on menus in synths and drum machines but never actually went through with trying to DUMP anything. Wow I have alot of work ahead of me lol! Now with YAMAHA, which I DO midi bulk dump backups, The bulk dump function has a menu entry for it even on the old PSS480 that you press the button and it starts sending data and the LED display blinks or cycles through segments until it completes or fails. I always had to set my external sequencer to start recording and then I quickly press the dump send on the keyboard synth. Or in the case of a PC setup, I set the midi sequencer to record and then press the send or dump on the synth. And now with USB and Windows 10.. LOL, this just gets better.. Well if I get a Windows 10 machine preinstalled that can accept my midi sport 1x1 interface, I will download your software and use the system just for editing my CT/CZ synths.

• Like 1