Video Files on Forum ×

What audio interface do I need for Casio CDP S360?

Manny S.

I want to record audio from my Casio CDP S360 on to my laptop. I know that I will need an audio interface. Which audio interface model would be the best for Casio CDP S360? Would Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen USB Audio Interface work? There seems to be only one audio output jack on the keyboard. 

• 3 months later...

I don't think you need necesseraly it! In fact, if lap top have internal sound card with mic input, you can use input/output jack 3,5mm male-male from the CDP output to the microphone laptop input and than you can use some free software like "Audacity" to record audio or you can use also USB cable and use some free software like "Cakewalk Band Lab".

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

i use a Behringer UCA222, by using a 3.5mm stereo jack to RCA cable into the keyboard's auxiliary output, and i record it into reaper set to record in stereo (otherwise you only have sound in your left ear).  you don't necessarily need an interface with digital keyboards, but i find that the sound quality is much clearer with one which helps a lot with fixing eq levels and applying plug in effects.

you can also use that interface i mentioned with amps that have some kind of output jack, i've used it both with my bass amp's heaphone jack and also with my keyboard amp's trs output, which means you can record the sound using hardware effects!