Video Files on Forum ×

Power button repair

I am trying to diagnose a problem with my digital piano. The power button was intermittently not working. Now, it is not working at all. I checked the power supply with a multimeter, and it was giving the correct amount of power. It is a Casio Privia px-760

I took the piano back off and started looking for any obvious issues, none yet. I tried checking the power button board with a multimeter, and accidentally turned it on by touching some contacts. I was able to turn it on and off a few times, but I’m not sure which contract I was touching since it is kinda tight. 

—-The first picture shows the back of the board, the two white and one orange cables are supplying power to the button I believe, or at least control the power. 

—-The second photo is the front of the board. The blue arrows are the three cables, and the two green arrows are two contacts for the power button I believe. 

Touching something together in there is turning it off and on, I did it accidentally a few times with the multimeter. My electronics knowledge is good but not good enough for this. Any idea what is wrong? I’ve blown it out, but have not tried 91% alcohol.

GT9kNxQ.jpg
4SulafR.jpg

Edited by konatown
Formatting