Video Files on Forum ×

ChatGPT and sound editing And are raspberry Pi the next horse powers for synthesizers.

XW-Addict

I had an OMG moment while playing with chatGPT , So chatGPT is an chat bot made by Open.ai 

one of the many advanced a.i out there you can ask it anything really anything from coding to science

to poetry whatever can be think off.  Is it accurate well somewhat its still in development but far ahead 

for us commoners to make use of it, what only would have been for enterprise business.

I ask it how was queen solo riff for "I want to break free" made , It said a DX7 patch made by Freddy Mercury

layered several times and played in the studio. 

Then I said how can i make it on the PX5S , It knows the PX5S guys and it wasn't connect for that information 

directly from the internet. But it gave some action of approach to do it , I was like woaw . 

Is this the future if chatGPT learn everything about midi implementation , tutorial and manual and synth setting

it can assist creating patches to nearly mimic any sound as well. Would that be awesome 

Holy moly this is some futuristic stuff. There a new revolution working and its going at light speed.

Look how they can animate non existing material with stable diffusion an a.i that can creat art , make movies 

with it let it seem so real one would believe what they see. If chatGPT learns sounds just by knowing how filters 

oscillator and envelopes work with given waves Woow hold your horses music will change forever again. 

Rasberry Pi's. 

i've read that the other brand is using rasberry pi's to power theyr'e synth , This blows me away cause i thought 

those things couldn't handle that. It shouldn't be a suprise seeing the changes in the chip world but still 

these little electronic computers pack allot of horsepower to handle complex sounds , synthesize and segquencing ,

I'm glad with such advancement and wow as well how its going. And these synth are on the market already with 

features build in that could only be done with lots of computer power. 

The way it looks the coming decade will be chuck full of development for music again. 

Edited by XW-Addict

AFAIK some recent KORG synths do contain a RasPi3 compute module(?) with custom DAC as core component. By the way, the "Pocket Operator" synth modules contain basically an 48MHz Arduino chip with with 32KB RAM and 128KB flash. Also classic Casio SA-series had a 4-bit CPU with roughly the capabilities of a C64 (but a plain DAC instead of SID).

http://hackingthepo.weebly.com/

CAUTION: Do not fall for what any publically accessible creative online AI can tell you. They seem more complex than ELIZA, but in most situations only *pretend* to be clever without knowing what they talk about (associating words or picture elements from statistical combinations they found on the internet). You can as well ask such an AI for schematics of an UFO engine or teleporter and it will for sure may give you a nicely drawn mockup of a blueprint with component list (possibly copied from any random supermarket shopping list) and explain a 5 pages long essay how the quantum flux capacitor needs to be dipped in 5-star gasoline and painted ultraviolet to recirculate the armageddon driver for proper converting the pineapple juice into philosopher's stone essential oil by extracting the meg out of the nut when applied to nutmeg. These things function more like a dream recording or oracle device than a search engine. GPT-3 stuff has become infamous for being particularly usefull as a scientific fakenews generator for troll factories. So you need to know what it is before you trust in its answers.

Edited by CYBERYOGI =CO=Windler