Video Files on Forum ×

Interfacing to the S100

CasioJonny

I like my S100, but the bass is very poor particularly on the organ setting.  I would like to keep using the built-in speakers but add a sub woofer for the bass.  The USB contains no audio.  I’m thinking of tapping on the speaker line and feeding to a pre-amp but this is pretty invasive. Is there another way?  Plugging into the headphone jack will disconnect the speakers totally.

Edited by CasioJonny
Typos

• 2 months later...

ive noticed the same thing with the s350 :( i wish there was an EQ option...

if your s100 is the same then unfortunately anything going into the audio output will completely mute the speakers, regardless of what's going in

so far the only options i've found that improve the bass are:

splitting the keyboard's note range and setting the organ notes you want in your left hand to be an octave lower (which of course doesn't always sound as nice depending on what you're playing...)

splitting the keyboard's note range and setting the left hand to be on the "organ bass" tone from the bass category

layering the organ sound with a bass sound (but once again, may not sound as nice on the right hand parts)

connect the keyboard to the casio xw trackformer and i set one of the pads to function as a low pass filter

if i'm doing a two- tier keyboard set up anyway, then i'll use a direct-box to connect the cdp to my CTX mic input, and then i use the mixer on that keyboard to change the EQ (but obviously that requires you to have two keyboards so may not be the most practical)

or i just use a keyboard amp that has a built in EQ, or i run the keyboard into an EQ pedal and then into an amp... 

i'm not sure if any of those options are suitable for you but i have not yet found anything else 😕