Video Files on Forum ×

NSW Casio CTS at namm ??

Hey guys, I am noticing a significant price drop on the cts 1000v. in Australia, is the same price as the 500. Wondering if I should hold on for a “better keyboard” at namm 2023. We pule be awesome to have a mic in feat just saying lol 

I have no inside info, but I doubt the CT-S500 or CT-S1000V are being replaced so soon. I could be wrong, there could be a 510 and a 1100 coming, but I have no idea what those might have. I'm basing this on the PX-S3000 and 1000 being replaced by the +100 of those models, but I don't know how long the first ones were on the market before being replaced, and I don't know when the CT-S models shipped, either.

IOW, why am I posting at all when I know nothing? Oh yeah, it's the internet. ;) 

• Like 1

Just heard that Casio will be releasing the new Aix 2. Th new engine will add extra articulation making instruments such as guitars, orchestral and wind instrument more realistic. Extra velocity layers and a  piano engine for acoustic and EPS (key off and mechanical noises, damper resonance, string resonance) is also added on the update. A vocoder is also mentioned.

Now the question is, will users be able to update to the engine via firmware update/purchase or will it only be available on the new products?