Video Files on Forum ×

Rythm And Sound

pointer53

Greeting! I have no intention of researching because there is no time, so I directly ask the question: Is there any kind of rhythm converter for the ct-x 3k, in order to use rhythms from a Roland or Yamaha keyboard?
I don't mean any Excel or HEX editors, but real visual ones for users who know what they want. If Casio hasn't made such software YET, maybe someone can give me a link to a rhythm editor (sound editor too if they have one) from another manufacturer.

Thanks in advance!

No there are none.

All available converters require certain knowledge, there are no visual and "drag and drop" styled converters.

However, if you need some styles to be converted, we have a special thread here for that.

Post your yamaha style and it will get converted.

21 hours ago, Just Alex said:

No there are none.

All available converters require certain knowledge, there are no visual and "drag and drop" styled converters.

However, if you need some styles to be converted, we have a special thread here for that.

Post your yamaha style and it will get converted.

Thank you for your response. So, nothing concrete and usable for now. And if I were to use AC7 rhythms, which are somewhat compatible, the sound landing on individual channels would have to be adjusted, so that it would sound better on the CT-X machines.
Although I am not familiar with the new keyboards, but it seems that one could edit the sound and rhythm on the CT-S500 and then switch to the CT-X 3k for example?

1 hour ago, Just Alex said:

There are converters that adopt existing styles to CT-X series sounds, including conversion of megavoices to versatile voices. But as said, these are command line, "hacker-style" tools, definitely not suited for single finger kind of operation.

This should not be a problem for advanced computer users (especially if they have been in this "world" since the early eighties ;)).
However, musicians and producers, who are less skilled at programming, would find it very difficult to work in such an environment.
It's a shame that Casio no longer makes tools like their WK series, where it was simple and visually easy to edit music and rhythms.
The golden age of the nineties, floppy disks and zip drives ;)

6 hours ago, Just Alex said:

Musicians and producers, who might need advanced editing of anything, do not use Casio.

Check photos and videos of any pro grade studio, see any Casio made equipment there? :D

True story bro 👍
But still, so those who bought the CT-X series of "arrangers" remain without software support?
I'll do some more research, and if I can't find something satisfactory software-wise for my CT-X 3000, I'll unfortunately have to sell it or trade it for a Roland.
It is true that you can "program" a new sound on it, or edit an existing one, as well as arrange new rhythms...but, alas, you have to spend an entire afternoon for two or three sounds.

18 hours ago, Just Alex said:

LOL, even far more expensive MZ-X series have no software. Even more, their firmware is full of bugs, but no updates....

So that's it. All we can do is create our own base of sounds and rhythms... there is no compatibility with any well-known standard, except MIDI, which is also questionable in terms of compatibility. Although some studio MiDi files sound quite solid on CT-X keyboards, there is still no SysEx compatibility, and in DAW programs you have to resort to using the keyboard, because, surprise surprise, it is incompatible with most software.
Perhaps this forum is therefore the only oasis of insufficient support for Casio keyboards anyway.
As for my ct-x 3000, of the eight hundred sounds it "boasts of", about 20-30 are usable. The rest needs to be tweaked, as well as the rhythms, which lack "width and fullness".
On the other hand, for the low price, it is expected.

Although for now there is a small collection of sounds and rhythms, in the future I hope that this base will grow over time, so that together we can create a library of sounds, rhythms, software and useful tips.
Anyone who knows something more, better and has the will, please feel free to post a link here, so that new users (like me) can find solutions to their questions faster.
I see that there are such subtopics on the forum, but "navigation" is quite difficult for me due to the multitude of solutions that are intertwined with other topics.

I upgraded from CT-X5000 to MZ-X500 and while in terms of sound quality, usability, expandability, it is not correct to compare these two, in terms of DSP, MZ-X series are absolute junk. In CT-X series you can have 3 voices with 4 DSP effects per each, on MZ-X you have 2 voices with 1 DSP effect per each :D and their quality is far worse than DSP on CT-X series. But MZ-X can have custom sounds loaded, so I have now every sound I needed -  Famous OB-X Synth Brass (Van Halen, Axel F), Roland D50 fantasia (We are the world), and I even made some ZX Spectrum sound samples :D

Here's a Super Mario Bros theme played using sounds based on H.A.T.E. soundtrack from the ZX Spectrum. 

3 hours ago, Just Alex said:

I upgraded from CT-X5000 to MZ-X500 and while in terms of sound quality, usability, expandability, it is not correct to compare these two, in terms of DSP, MZ-X series are absolute junk. In CT-X series you can have 3 voices with 4 DSP effects per each, on MZ-X you have 2 voices with 1 DSP effect per each :D and their quality is far worse than DSP on CT-X series. But MZ-X can have custom sounds loaded, so I have now every sound I needed -  Famous OB-X Synth Brass (Van Halen, Axel F), Roland D50 fantasia (We are the world), and I even made some ZX Spectrum sound samples :D

Here's a Super Mario Bros theme played using sounds based on H.A.T.E. soundtrack from the ZX Spectrum. 

Omg! This sounds better than some works on C64 (SID chip)🎹:keys:😄