Video Files on Forum ×

requesting help - lyric app issues

New CT-S1000V owner here. :) I'm hoping someone has had a similar experience and can advise. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

I have a proper cable for data transfer.

I'm connecting from a Galaxy S23 Ultra.

The app loads, and I get the “CT-S1000V connected” message. And it sees the pre-made lyrics from the keyboard once it’s connected.

But, I cannot transfer. There seem to be two issues, and I’m not sure if they’re related or separate:

When I go to save a lyric, I get a green pop-up box at the top of the phone that says, "Data saved." It happens immediately after pressing Save (ie it doesn't give me an option to save in a certain location, and I can't find it anywhere on the phone after saving it, besides showing in the app itself).

Then, when I try to transfer said lyric, I press the Transfer button, and nothing happens.  Nothing at all. The screen doesn't change at all. Just, nothing. 

I've tried rebooting both my phone and the keyboard, connecting at different times (before opening the app, after opening the app, before turning on the keyboard, after turning it on) but nothing seems to be working.

Any ideas? I appreciate any insight anyone might have!

Welcome to the forums!  Congrats on your new 1000V.   So, nothing happens when you press transfer?  Everything sounds correct up to that point.  After pressing transfer, you should see the next option which allows you to save to the phone or to the keyboard.  

Screenshot_20240229-210811~2.png

Screenshot_20240229-210829~2.png

Thanks your help! Unfortunately, that's correct, nothing happens when I press Transfer. :(  When I press it, the popup with those buttons (Delete, Change Title, etc.) goes away, and it just leaves me at the same Home screen.

I went to the app settings to see if there was anything checked or not checked there. Cleared the cache. Tried it all again this morning, but no luck.

I ordered a couple more cables that should be delivered today, just in case it's something to do with that. It just seems odd since it does give the "CT-S1000V connected" and disconnected messages. I SO want to figure this out!

At approx. @19.30, I show the steps for transferring a set of lyrics from the phone app to the S1000V. Check that you are following the same steps and that the S1000V is responding in the same way when you try to do this. 

• Like 2

Good day all :)

Back with an update. So I ended up trying with an android tablet, and it was successful on the tablet (Yay!). So if all else fails, I have that. The tablet is older and slow though, so still trying to troubleshoot on the faster-running cell phone.

Since I was using a different cable situation with the tablet (tablet is a micro usb, so I used a micro-usb to usb-a, along with a micro-usb adapter), I thought I'd try that same cable, along with a usb-c adapter for the cell phone. But, no luck there either. Still connects successfully, but still get the same issue of nothing happening when pressing the transfer button. So strange. 

@ChasYes, thank you, I've been enjoying all your CT-S1000V videos! :) Can confirm, following the same steps. Problem is the options do not appear on my phone after pressing the transfer button, so I can't proceed further since there are no options to do so.  

@Brad Saucier I think that is indeed the issue! Though, it's a roadblock I'm not sure how to get past yet. If I plug the phone into a laptop, it shows a list of USB settings, and MIDI is available to select in the "Use USB for" options. However, when plugged into the CT-S1000V, even though it shows the "connected" message in the app, the phone doesn't give any USB setting options. The little usb connection icon appears briefly at the top and then quickly vanishes, and searching the settings for it comes up with nothing. Head scratcher.

I'm thankful to have the tablet working for now though. : )

Oh, sorry, I should've clarified -- When the icon vanishes from the top of the screen right after connecting, it also disappears from that dropdown menu when you swipe down from the top. I have just enough time to plug in, swipe down, and see it go away. 😕 I think I'm close to giving up and accepting that the S23 ultra just doesn't want to play with this new keyboard for some reason.