Video Files on Forum ×

Sheet music stand

Anthonymcp

• 11 months later...

I have just purchase a Joy Factory mag mount to hold my iPad Air.  A bit more expensive than some, but now that I have it I would spend the money again.  It is solid and very stable.

www.thejoyfactory.com/mounts

Amazon has the best prices that I was able to find.

I looked at that one real close, the Stagg, and nearly bought it.  I just didn't want a mic stand at my feet.  But, it sure looks like it would be a good one.  Most of my sheets are on my iPad.  I use ForScore app and an AirTurn blue tooth page tuner.  ForScore is really nice because it has half page turns.  Most of you probably don't need the sheets.  I have a difficult time memorizing music and need at least the chords to have any chance to not embarrass myself.

I used the Stagg MUS-ARM2 in conjunction with a mic boom that's meant to attach to keyboard stands, the On-Stage MSA-9508.

The On-Stage boom clamps to the keyboard stand, and then the Stagg music stand clamps to the On-Stage boom.

One thing I found was that I had to REALLY tighten the Stagg music stand's clamp to the mic boom to get it to stay. I'm not sure how well it would hold up for gigging, but it appears to be fine at home, relatively undisturbed (except for changing sheet music).