Video Files on Forum ×

I dont care if its made of plastic

Hi, ive had the xw-p1 for about a month now , and i just wanted to share my thoughts on this amazing synth. The xw-p1 has its own sound, but also sounds like other synths,it has some features of every kind of synth ever made ,some of the best sounds and groove making abillities,  some of the worst sounds.When i say worst im mainly talking about the overdrive and distortion guitars in the xw-p1.There simply awful,with that being said, i can forgive the xw-p1 that one flaw, because it does everything else beatifully. I know you cant compare it to a two thousand dollar board, so i wont,  I will compare it to a thirty five hundred dollar board.The jupiter 80. I listened to both these boards side by side and the jupiter sounded  amazing , but it was alot of to simular sounds , piano, piano strings, but after about five minutes the xw-p1 wowed  me with its sounds and diversity,and price, dont get me wrong i think roland makes great gear , i just prefer the sound and features of the xw-p1 over the jupiter 80. The step sequencer can be truly interactive,its a little weird and qwerky, but you can get it to do what you want, and if you play a little against the grid, the xw-p1 will collaborate with you by taking your  sequence and throwing it back at you a little or alot different,you can come up with fresh stuff with this synth, and you can add a feel of unpredictabillity to your grooves.The method of creating sounds(hex) on the xw-p1 is as briiliant as the step sequencer. love the phraze seq, gives me another polyphonic track for recording.So many things i like about this synth, and its stunning to the eye, this is one sweet synth, and at the end of the day, i dont care if its made of plastic.