Video Files on Forum ×

Midi Out

marcdeben

Hi,  I am trying to set the midi out to one channel so when midi to a Kronos-61 in combi mode, I can have is play just the program I set to that channel in the Kronos.  When I go the midi settings on the PX and change it to say 15 and then change the program in the combi to the same channel it still plays all the voices in the combi.  Anyone have this setup and can shed some light?  The action on the PX is excellent and I am very glad I made this choice.  I just wanted an 88 keyboard to play piano with the Kronos and got a whole lot more.  Very Happy.  Just need to figure this out.  Thanks Marc

Conversely the P5S has fixed MIDI IN 1-4 for the 4 zones. But it can receive on the 16 channels of course, but you can not change the MIDI IN for ZONE 1 to an other channel. Even if the MIDI Out for Zone 1 is set to Channel 5, it will receive on channel 1.

Are you sure that the channel you changed on the Kronos is for MIDI IN?
Like Mike I guess the Kronos has one MIDI IN channel for the whole keyboardrange where you had set multiple sounds.

But if you use a different channel than that one which is configured for the "Combi" it should reproduce different sounds, because you can set the MIDI OUT for each zone on the PX5S to a different MIDI channel. Otherwise you would not be able to play a standard MIDI file on the MIDI IN.

I just sold off my Korg TR76 and while it ain't no Kronos, it used the Korg way of doing things.

The combis consist of layered and split instruments and arpeggiators setup on individual channels for each voice.

I never used mine strictly for controlling another keyboard, but I used mine extensively with MIDI output for controlling a computer DAW. (Cakewalk)

Anyway, the upshot is, if you want the combis transmitted to MIDI you have to do a lot of deep menu diving on the Korg and enable the arpeggiator data to be output and you'll have to set up each individual instrument channel to send or receive as well.

That's pretty much my spin on it.

Gary