Video Files on Forum ×

Loading Set Lists from USB drive

jaspeter

I have two gigs coming up with very little time in between to connect to a computer and load a package from the editor to the PX-5S.  I'm hoping I can save my all my Stage Settings for each gig into a file that I can load once that will have all the tunes in sequential order in the Stage Setting area.  Then when the first gig is over, I just load the second from a USB drive that is already in the keyboard.  I thought I might be able to do this using package (ZPK) files, but the PX-5S doesn't seem to recognize that kind of file.  It does, however, recognize "All Data" (ZAL) files.  Unfortunately, the editor doesn't export that kind of file.

So I'm thinking I can load a package from the editor into the keyboard, save a ZAL file from onboard, then load another package into it with a different set list, and save a different ZAL file.  Then I have a ZAL file with the tunes in the order I want them for each gig.  Is this the most straightforward way to load in different set lists (assuming you don't have an iPad)?  Has anyone tried this?

I haven't tried it, but it sounds like the best way to do what you are looking for. I'm glad you brought this up because I want to make some different ZAL's - one with all the default presents, one with all the custom downloads and one with my experiments - this seems like the way to go.  :) 

Interested to hear what Mike or Brad think... 

• 3 weeks later...

And, I just verified that when you load an "All Data" file that has empty phrase slots, they do overwrite phrases that may already exist in those slots.  I was going to post this on the FB page, but I haven't been able to get in yet.  Fortunately, that was a purposeful experiment that led me to that conclusion.  It's good to know for the future so I don't lose anything!

jaspeter, I've been struggling with setting up a live set since I've only had my PX for a couple of weeks now and need to rework tones on two boards.   Are you saying that you have a factory ALL DATA file on a USB drive and the LIVE SET ALL DATA file with your optimized stages/tones?  That is what I'm considering.  

I'm also curious about your comment "assuming you don't have an iPad."  I use an iPad with Songbook and can save song sets.  Is there a way to switch stages via the iPad?

Maarkr,

Yep. I have a single usb and three files, two gig setups and the factory setup. It only takes 20 or so second to load up a different all data file, so it's a very workable solution for me.

I forsee some synching issues if there are too many lists, though, because each list has to have ALL the files used by any stage setting on it, e.g. if a it uses a phrase in slot 354, the All Data file needs to contain it.

I'm trying to copy EVERY file I change, phrases, drum sets, etc., to the computer as a central repository so I can create the set lists there, then copy them over using the editor, then save the All Data file from the keyboard.

I don't have an iPad, so I'm definitely not the expert on it. That said, I was very intrigued by the NAMM video of Mr. Mike Martin controlling the PX5S with an iPad interfaced with the camera/USB attachment to the USB port on the back of the keyboard. There's a better discussion of it somewhere on this board. I'll have to root around for a link to it. I wouldn't mind rereading it, myself. It's a crazy-cool feature! I don't remember the name of the app (setlist maker?), but it changed stage settings on the fly.