Video Files on Forum ×

Locked Out of Heaven

jimmyjames

My band has decided to play this song so I am trying to create a Stage Setting.  I have a sample for my Nord to cover the "woops and huhs" and I have been able to create the saw wave sounds for the chorus on the PX-5S by modifying the 1901 setting I posted a couple months ago.  These are both Hex Layer tones in Zones 1 and 2.  I now want to add a hand clap sound, just on one key.  The only hand clap sound I can find is among the drum sounds. If this is it, I am presuming it has to go in Zone 1 which means I need to relocate the tone I have in Zone 1 to Zone 3 but I can't do this because it is a hex layer.  Anyone have any work around ideas for this other that trying to use one Hex Layer tone to cover the saw wave sounds in the chorus?

You might want to TRY to save the drum sound under a different category like a string or piano tone.  That way you would be able to put it in any zone.  Mike was trying to show in a video that you couldn't do this, but then was very surprised when it was allowed.  Just a thought.  

David

Thanks for the reply David.  Not sure how I would access and isolate just that one "instrument" (which is the PX-5S name for a drum wave) to save it as a melody tone.  Anyway, I threw in the towel and totally redid the setting using drums in the first zone and partially overlapping sawtooth melody tones in the other three zones.  It was the first time I had worked with the drums in the editor.  It was interesting to figure out how to isolate the hand clap and assign it to a couple of notes.  There is incredible flexibility in the drum editor.  I will never take advantage of it but I'm sure someone out there will.