Video Files on Forum ×

I can't believe there is no setting for this:

zymos

- almost all my other gear lets you specify how to handle subsequent key presses and retriggering for a monophonic part. As in, you can choose to keep the highest note, lowest note, last note played. The XW only keeps the last note played, which is disappointing, especially given that you may well be playing polyphonic sounds on the keyboard at the same time as the monophonic synth.

For an instrument that has a monophonic "solo synth" as one of its main futures, this seems a big omission.

Yup.

There's also no setting, as far as I can tell, to specify what happens for polyphonic sounds when you hit the same key twice (or more times) in a row. Even my 25 year old Roland synth allows a choice between killing the previous note or playing a new one on top (the latter sounds smoother for pads at the expense of some polyphony). I believe (but admit I haven't checked) that the XW synths kill the previous note.