Video Files on Forum ×

Forum Suggestion

Null

Hi,

I don't know if the current forum software allows this but it would be nice to be able to just hit a button and mark all topics read in the forums.  Either that or allow you to select which forums to follow instead of seeing all the forums in the new postings listings.

I say this because about 80% of the new postings every day (And there are a LOT of them) are related to the PX-5S.

I don't own a PX-5S or any privia for that matter and probably never will so it's tedious as hell to have to click on each topic just to mark it read and then hit the back button to go to the next topic.

It would also be nice to have the "New Posts" button duplicated at the bottom of a post so I don't have to scroll all the way back to the top after scrolling down to the end of a topic.

Anyway, all I really want, is a quick and easy way to see the XW related posts and downloads without having to slog through 80 PX-5S and Privia posts per day.

Here's hoping you guys can fix some of this stuff...

Gary

• Like 1

I only come to the XW sections- I never even see any of these other posts in the first place. I see what you are saying, but why even visit those other sections? The 5 XW sub forums have a low enough volume that it is easy to see if anything new has been posted.

The View New Content Button is big as life on the top right corner of the page.  Easier for me than bouncing back and forth 5 times between individual forums.

I'm just saying you should be able to choose which forums you're subscribed to or better yet just have a mark all read button somewhere at the top.

Each post on the New Content page displays what forum it's in already, so it's easy enough to skip the PX-5S Posts, but then there's no way of knowing when you come back next time where the old posts end and the new ones begin.

You don't need to bounce between forums. If you click on "XW Series", it shows you the 5 XW sub forums in one glance, with the latest post in each, the time it was posted, and who posted it. Which, at least in the couple of weeks I've been lurking here, is less than a half dozen posts a day, and usually much less.

I can see how your wished for feature might be easier, then again, the way I do it takes literally a few seconds....

Well using your method if I'd posted this in the general Casio discussion forum instead of under general discussion in XW you wouldn't even have noticed that this thread existed.

I still think my suggestions are the most logical solution to this problem and what I am describing are common ordinary features on most other forum boards.