Video Files on Forum ×

Programming the PX5

User 29303

well first of all forgive me my english ;) i am italian ......

I think the px5 is a very professional stage piano keyboard synthesizer call it what ever you like, you have a lot of all in inside and

it is fun to play an programming it.

After few month i like it and i hate it for this an that ,,,so what do i like :

The Sounds , the layers, the Effekt Sektion, the Arpeggio, the Phrase recorder and the Sitck....

and what not:  There are a few things i would like to se in a future update first of all i found out layering the Waves not often give´s me a feeling they fit good together and playing over and over with FILTER LFO AMP EFFECTS often i miss a function to tweak a little bit more the Timbre of the Waves. it is not the equalizing of the sound more a deeper way to transform the harmonics of the wave. i know i have the Low pass filter , and high pass but it do not change really the harmonics...the way i like it.

Iti is more like the operators in the DX7 or the wave looping of rolands, or other synths.

I can´t really explain it of course it is a stage piano but it has so much power inside to beat an RED NORDIC one and i wish 

the superb programmers in Japan can add some new functions in the synth and programming section.

Maybe just some extended modulators  ( not the LFO) ...

The Mixe...please in the software add the midi channel, i still can't figure out how to setup my DAW to play my stage and the sound i set in the mixer even if i set the 4 zones to one channel.

And a least a list of the CC working in the PX5 there are lot of cc without any effect..?

mauvan

Hi Mau Van,

To change stage setting, from your DAW, MSB = 112 , LSB = 36, program change = stage setting number (0-99 or 1-100 if not zero based).

To help change the timbre of your tones, use the frequency (filter) and pitch envelopes. 

Edit > Tone > Inst Edit > Filter >

Cut off and resonance are going to affect the sound the most.  Use the envelope options on the next screens to "shape" the sound over time.