Video Files on Forum ×

Hex Layer Tones Needed

klostejk

Hello,

I don't think the synths for the Madonna song should give you too much trouble to recreate.  The bass sounds like a modified Pulse waveform.  Try starting with Pulse Lead 1 and very slightly, ever so gently, tweak the cutoff and the resonance.  Up the Chorus a bit to taste.  I don't think you need a hex layer for that. 

As far as the upper synth sounds,  there's a high phrase ender : C, Eb, F, G, - this can be mimicked pretty well using Fantasy, and playing those notes as an Octave (the lower note being the C above middle C).

The pad sound seems fairly generic.  To start, I'd try GM SynBrass 1.  Increase the attack time to anywhere from 87 to 90.  I'd set the frequency cutoff high - even to 127. 

Those would be the 3 zones for a stage setting.  Just adjust the keyboard ranges for  each zone where you want them.  Tweak the sounds to taste, but personally, I don't think there's anything too unique about the synths in that song.  It's really the bass that drives the whole thing so the volume of the pads have to be lower.  I didn't post a Stage Setting for this because I thought you might have more fun building it yourself and getting a better idea of how to make your own patch.  If you run into trouble, say so.  Heck, you may find sounds that match better to the song according to your ear.

For the Toto, I'd just use the Rock piano, maybe cut back on the low end a bit and then up the chorus.

• Like 1