Video Files on Forum ×

Insert effects

goettel

First post.  :ph34r:

Maybe I've overlooked the answer in the manuals and/or online, but here goes: am I correct in understanding that the four insert effects are limited to one insert effect per zone, so you can't use more than one insert effect on a tone (except by selecting a tone in more than one zone and changing its insert effect for a parallel effect).

That is correct to the best of my knowledge, except for the master eq and the master compressor. It hasn't been to big of a deal for me, but I'd sure like to use some of the amp models in conjunction with other DSPs!

Because the amp, pitch, and filter envelopes and LFOs are not considered insert effects, though, you do get to chain those, which is quite nice.

Jaspeter,

I haven't done much of anything with the effects and really haven't experimented. Is assigning effects to sliders and knobs related to the original posters question?  Is it possible to assign a different effect to each knob and slider?  In that case, couldn't all of these effects be chained/layered?

Unfortunately, no. The controllers are all given options for "DSP parameter 1", "DSP parameter 2", and so on. What you choose for your DSP for that zone dictates what parameter gets assigned to the controller. Because controllers can be assigned two controls, you can assign each to control parameters of two different DSPs, but those DSPs function on two different zones.

Thanks for the replies. I'd love to be able to do stuff like autowah->phaser->amp on the electric piano's, but I guess we can't. I'm thinking it's not impossible to add to the instrument, sicne it's obviously not a DSP limitation. So maybe it'll be in a future update.