Video Files on Forum ×

How do you like the PX5S Filters ?

User 29303

how do you like the filters in the px5s ? do you think they have a strong influence in the changing of the sound and the timbre ?

wich one is your favorite one ?

how important is the filter for you ? .....

I ask this because i think the filter is mostly one of the important settings to modulate a sound, every Synthesizer has a different filter sound and gives differetn way´s to modulate the sound..often i feel the need of an optional parameter to change the sound deeper but i can´t figure out what is missing here....

post your tipss & tricks for filter.....programming..

I can see where the filter is important in allowing certain frequencies of the wave to be passed through or eliminated; but I think the synthesis of sound uses many components.  Pitch for example, is extremely important.  If you start with a generic waveform like triangle, saw, or pulse (square) pitch doesn't change the timbre so much.  But if you start with a sampled waveform, pitch has a great influence on timbre.  With two or more waveforms, slight differences in pitch can "fatten" up a sound or make a chorusy effect.  Offset the pitch even more and you can have chords or dissonances that can really make things interesting.   Add ring modulation and you got all sorts of wild things happening with the harmonics on the pitch.  

There's a lot of ways to influence the sound on the PX-5s, layering, the arpeggiator, LFOs, amplitude envelopes, but there's no real way to craft a custom wave form.  Maybe that's the parameter you feel is missing.