Video Files on Forum ×

Can you control Vol. of 1 layer of a hex when the hex is on one zone of a Stage Setting?

SonnyDaye

SonnyDaye,

Look up the factory stage setting Maximillion.  It uses sliders 1 through 6 to correspond to the volumes of each layer 1 through 6 of this hex layer.  If you use that SS as a template you should be able to build what you need, or at least refer to the hexlayer settings concerning the volume controls to incorporate into your SS. 

Sincerely,

Jim

SonnyDaye,

Look up the factory stage setting Maximillion.  It uses sliders 1 through 6 to correspond to the volumes of each layer 1 through 6 of this hex layer.  If you use that SS as a template you should be able to build what you need, or at least refer to the hexlayer settings concerning the volume controls to incorporate into your SS. 

Sincerely,

Jim

Thanks Jim!

Trying to do it now. Yes, the sliders are all set up to control the volumes of all 6 layers....BUT, all the OTHER parameters in the Filter, Amp, etc. categories are ALSO set to various levels accommodating what was needed in the Maximillion SS. I tried to click on each item and press BOTH Up and Down buttons at the same time to bring the setting to a DEFAULT amount. That was messy in that some of the default positions eliminate all sound.

Anyway, I'm wondering if there's a template that sets all parameters to a NORMAL setting, so you could just plug in the sounds you want to each layer and THEN tweak whatever is necessary in each layer.

Thanks again!

****UPDATE!: I've been trying to start from scratch. The frustration comes when I try to save the Slider assignments to the HEX LAYER sound on Zone 1. Then I try to save those same assignments to the Stage Setting (since the Hex Layer is residing INSIDE the Stage Setting). The results have got me so confused I can't even describe the results to you. The bizarre situation seems to be the confusion between the one zone that has the hex layer, and the Stage Setting (all 4 zones) as a whole. I guess that brings me back to my original question:

Is there a way to control the Volume of (only) one layer of a hex while the hex is on one zone of a Stage Setting?

Right now I'm thinking, maybe there isn't.

If I'm understanding what you want to do correctly, it shouldn't be a problem. Let's say that you want to control just the volume of layer 1 of the hex layer tone with slider 1 and control the overall volume of the tone with slider 2.

Set the target of slider 1 to "Layer 1 Volume" and the target of slider 2 to "CC07:Volume", then in the Zone Editor, turn sliders 1 and 2 on for Zone 1 and off for the other layers.

If you want to be really adventurous, you could continue to assign all sliders to hex layers 1 through 6 and assign the knobs to control the volume of the four zones

The important thing to remember is that the controller(s) for the layer(s) is only turned on for the zone that contains the tone and off for all others.

• Like 1