Video Files on Forum ×

Why with a Hex tone SS does tone change/disappear after toggle

rkamn

This little nit-noid is bugging me for some reason (I know it's me!  I can't figure out the reason for this.)...   Say you have original SS 0-5, OrchGlckTimp, selected.  If I then toggle the tone number (originally "050") down or up,and then back to "050", the name and sound of the original tone in the SS has changed... Where'd it go?! To recover to the proper OrchGlckTimp, I have to select a different SS, and then return to SS 0-5.  I KNOW there's a good reason for why only the SS's with a Hex behave this way!  But, I can't think of why?!  Any clarity on this would help this user sleep at night!  :-)  Thank you! 

That is because the sound is specific to the Stage Setting and hasn't been saved separately as a tone. The PX-5S is unique that the Stage Setting itself can contain unique tones. If you want to use that exact tone elsewhere you can save it and select it within a different Stage Setting. Usually there is a ! next to the tone name to indicate that it is specific to the Stage Setting and not saved

Thank you, Mike (BTW, mega kudos for the PX-5S, your impressive individual role, Casio, and this awesome community...!  I'm going to learn more than I ever imagined!).  So, the "!" is my cue for this condition... got it!  It's not a Hex-thing.  Makes sense and sheds perspective in general.

On a related note, just sharing that I find I'm reluctant to replace factory Stage Settings with my gig-specific Stage Setting needs because I value the factory templates as examples of what the PX can do, inspiration, and possible solutions for me. So, NICE JOB, Casio, with the factory settings!   Nonetheless, since I still gotta save my gig-specific Stage Settings (still a work in progress), I'm loving the ability to save the factory Stage Settings off-board, along with any other Stage Settings for that matter!  That, along with all the very useful and awesome user-created Stage Settings accumulating in the Downloads section, I predict much fun in developing and maintaining a personal organized approach to managing the 100 onboard Stage Setting slots, and the growing number of Settings files not currently in use, stored on my PC.  Maybe we users can share some sea stories on what's working best for us in managing this stuff.  I'll let the group know if I figure something out that's particularly useful.  (What a blast...!!!)

• Like 1