Video Files on Forum ×

one key sounds louder than the others

Hi, I have  Casio PX135 piano.   I noticed that : one key-- the  middle C-- sounds louder than the others.  The same touch/pressure seems to trigger a higher sound on this 

key.  Naturally, this is quite distracting.

I am wondering if this is a problem with my particular unit, or if other users have experienced something similar.

Is there any reset /initializing available in this model?

Thanks for your help.

Generally this is a recurring problem with many different brands of keyboards.  The tendency today is to use rubber membrane suction cup switches, two per each key to measure the interval between unpressed and pressed to determine the velocity curve of the instrument.

When one of these little switches sucks in some crud or dust it gets fouled and no longer registers the delay properly and ends up registering maximum velocity for every note strike regardless of how softly it's been played.

The only solution I know of is to take it in for service and have them open up and clean the switches.

It's also a great argument for keeping your keyboards under dust covers when they're not in use.

Gary

• Like 1

Generally this is a recurring problem with many different brands of keyboards.  The tendency today is to use rubber membrane suction cup switches, two per each key to measure the interval between unpressed and pressed to determine the velocity curve of the instrument.

When one of these little switches sucks in some crud or dust it gets fouled and no longer registers the delay properly and ends up registering maximum velocity for every note strike regardless of how softly it's been played.

The only solution I know of is to take it in for service and have them open up and clean the switches.

It's also a great argument for keeping your keyboards under dust covers when they're not in use.

Gary

Thank you. :). Gonna make sure this doesn't happen to my P1!