Video Files on Forum ×

some question about the Filters. on PX5S

User 29303

on the Analog synthesizers the Filters are the bread and butter for creating sounds,,,,only think about the legendary MOOG filters or the Emu Filters.....on the PX5S the filter should be Digital and software based ? am i wrong ?

So the last days playing with different waves from Sinus to Noise i found the filters does not really change the Sound of the Waves like i a was thinking...also on most of the Waves the Filter is also subtracting the volume eg amplitude of the wave i dont think this is good because

trying to soften a wave end up with and really low amplitunde of itself...why ? is this a problem in the filter programm ? i never found on other Synths the amplitude is changing so hard...

we also have PulseWith waveforms using this mosty needs to add a PWModulator to chance the sound of it is there space in the PX5S to add some filters ? like a PWM Moludator and a nocht filter or maybe a switch to select 2 filters in raw or paralell..i know this is not a synthesizer but a stage piano but ....so minimal changes can give so much more sound possibility´s...

P.S today playing with a sinus wave some strange is happen: there was a changing of the waves sound only on the C3 - F3

this can´t be because a sinus wave should not have any changes using a filter, it does not have any overtones ..

So how good are the filters on the PX5S  ?

well i think Noise is the most hardest Waveform to crack ;) normaly generated by a noisegate ....anyway there are so many harmonics inside .....i think that´s why there is no changing of the Pitch

if you use a Pulse and you screw up the cutoff you have a self oszilation with a high resonance now if you go down to 30% in the szi

cutoff the sound get nearly 0 in my PX5S...

i have made some test yesterday with an Oszilloskope and the sinus is more then perfect also the other waveform are what they should be .......;)