Video Files on Forum ×

trigger the LFO with Arpeggio possible ?

User 29303

Try this from the keyboard:

Select your stage setting (7-7 for example)

Press [DSP] choose LFO WAH then [Exit]

Press and Hold Arpeggio

[Edit] > Parameter > Control Track > [Only]

Control Type > [C 19]  --- this controls the rate of the LFO Wah

[Exit]

Step Edit > Ctrl 83 (change this value to whatever you want to control the rate of the LFO effect.)  Add and change as many steps as you need to create the effect you want.  The parameters for the DSP effects are controlled by:

c 16 = parameter 1

c 17 = parameter 2

c 18 = parameter 3

c 19 = parameter 4

c 90 = parameter 5

c 91 = parameter 6

c 92 = parameter 7

c 93 = parameter 8

from what I can tell reading the midi spec you could only control the tone parameters through the keyboard (in edit mode) or through a sysex message.  In theory, you could create a midi file that contains a sysex message, convert it to a phrase, assign the phrase as a target to an arpeggio.

i tried but i am unsure here

[Exit]

Add and change as many steps as you need to create the effect you want.  The parameters for the DSP effects are controlled by:

c 16 = parameter 1

c 17 = parameter 2

c 18 = parameter 3

c 19 = parameter 4

c 90 = parameter 5

c 91 = parameter 6

c 92 = parameter 7

c 93 = parameter 8

I've run into this before.  The short answer is that there's no way to synch the LFO itself to tempo - which it sounds like you already figured out.  What you can do, however, is use the arpeggiator itself as an LFO to control pitch, amplitude, or filter.  Offhand, I can't see a way to control more than one of those parameters from the arpeggiator at the same time, but it might be possible.

For example, if you want to synch a tremolo effect, you can select the expression CC and adjust that with the arpeggiator set to Control Track Only.  I used that in "Boulevard of Broken Dreams", in the upload section.  Mike Martin used the arpeggiator in "HerbiesRoadz" to control the pan.  Likewise, you should be able to control the filter cutoff (CC 74, I believe).  It might be possible to figure out a pitch LFO with the Coarse Tune NPRN, too.

If you select SMOOTH in the arpeggiator parameters, it will smooth out the transitions between steps.  In that way, you can mimic the effect of a sin LFO, if that's what you're looking for.

• Like 1

@Mau Van

You can control only one of the parameters at a time.  The [C xx] value in the arpeggiator is the number of the parameter you want to control.  You can set steps in the arpeggiator and at each step, you can have a different value for that one parameter you set to [C xx]. 

Can you post a sound example of the result you want?

Yes this goes near my idea because i try to emulate some of the wavestation sounds and others ..unfortunatly my tinitus came back this days very hard so i am a bit offtopic from my px5 until i got response from a.doctor maybe id esagerate with headphones ..