Video Files on Forum ×

Noisy cable solutions?

Edward

My current cable out connect is a 10' TRS to TRS cable with a TRS to a dual TS "Y" connector on each end of the TRS cable. This seemed to work fine on my PX-350 but I am starting to notice a bit of static noise every now and then.  I am thinking of going with two TS to TS cables, but before I buy them, was wondering what everyone else was using and perhaps getting some recommendations our more advanced members.  I was planning on upgrading to Mogami Gold as well.  Thank you for helping out this newbie.....again  - Edward

So this is for the PX-5S?  Pretty sure those are TS connections, so I'd run the L/Mono out for mono and both L and R for stereo ops to a mixer or dual monitors.  I avoid the bargain cables, but seems to me the mid-cost range is satisfactory for the output.  Myself and many others think that the high cost/high end cables do not offer more than most good quality cables.  MAYBE if you're running the output into a $10,000+ mixer/ sound system recording at 192bit, then yeah, I'd spend the money, but then I'd prob be micing a Boesendorfer grand instead of using a PX.