Video Files on Forum ×

Damn! I just completed a medium long letter to you and somehow hit the wrong key, and lost the whole thing. Here I go again.

First is super-simple, - what does AiR (several electric pianos have this in their name) stand for?

2. I tried to follow Mind Slayer’s directions re: assigning Zone volumes to sliders, but I couldn’t. I see that there is a stage setting, 7-8 - 4 Zones 4 Slidr, that does that but I couldn’t figure out how.Mind Slayer begins by “editing the sound bank”. “Sound Bank” is not a used term in the manual. I searched through every editing page I could and didn’t find the needed info. Besides the need to assign volume to sliders, I find that I don’t understand in general, how to “assign” functions to controllers. Please walk me through the process, or direct me to the parts of the manual(s) that do that.

3. In Mike’s video conference on the features of the PX5s he states that Stage Setting 7-6 is 5 draw organ and that it has a rotating speaker effect controlled by the sustain pedal. I have downloaded the Updated ALL file for the PX5s, and Stage Setting 7-6 is a 6 draw Farfisa sound, with no Leslie speaker effect and nothing assigned to the sustain pedal. I would like to find and download the setting Mike spoke of. I’d also like to know how to create that rotating speaker effect for other organ sounds.

Many thanks,

Si Perkoff

In the new ALL file, it looks like 6 Draw Organ is 4-6. Try that. Also, there are similar Draw (short for drawbar) organs in the Downloads section.

You should be able to add the Leslie effect to other organs and even other sounds like any other effect. I don't recall the details offhand, but once you find where it is on 6 Draw Organ, you should be able to do that for other Stage Settings.

Or, get you a Burn! ;)

Damn! I just completed a medium long letter to you and somehow hit the wrong key, and lost the whole thing. Here I go again.

First is super-simple, - what does AiR (several electric pianos have this in their name) stand for?

2. I tried to follow Mind Slayer’s directions re: assigning Zone volumes to sliders, but I couldn’t. I see that there is a stage setting, 7-8 - 4 Zones 4 Slidr, that does that but I couldn’t figure out how.Mind Slayer begins by “editing the sound bank”. “Sound Bank” is not a used term in the manual. I searched through every editing page I could and didn’t find the needed info. Besides the need to assign volume to sliders, I find that I don’t understand in general, how to “assign” functions to controllers. Please walk me through the process, or direct me to the parts of the manual(s) that do that.

3. In Mike’s video conference on the features of the PX5s he states that Stage Setting 7-6 is 5 draw organ and that it has a rotating speaker effect controlled by the sustain pedal. I have downloaded the Updated ALL file for the PX5s, and Stage Setting 7-6 is a 6 draw Farfisa sound, with no Leslie speaker effect and nothing assigned to the sustain pedal. I would like to find and download the setting Mike spoke of. I’d also like to know how to create that rotating speaker effect for other organ sounds.

Many thanks,

Si Perkoff

1- AiR = Acoustic and Intelligent Resonator. Details: http://www.casio-europe.com/euro/emi/airspecial/

2-  This video covers all the real-time control programming and use: 

Also here starting at 16:40 at: http://youtu.be/MFPooBIzCLo?t=16m43s

3-  To assign the rotary effect to a stage setting you first you have to select a tone that has DSP Rotary applied to it. Some of the organ tones don't have rotary DSP applied automatically. Next, if your in the editor, choose DSP Parameter 4. If your doing it on the PX5, Brake will be in the list if you enter common edit after the zone with rotary is chosen on the home screen. Then you need to assign the pedal to control the speed. 

I highly recommend taking the time to view all the the how-to videos in their entirety - they are only about an hour long. If you watch one a day you will be a PXpert in less than a week. They are all linked at:  http://sc3900.wix.com/px-5s#!how-to-videos/c9k5.

I also suggest joining our PX-5S Facebook Group - It is very active and you can ask follow-up questions in a more real-time setting: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Casio.Px5s/ 

• Like 1