Video Files on Forum ×

XW-p1 GDK3?

Technics

I just saw this online at GC.

The price is the same, the front panel looks the same, the specifications are all the same, GDK3 is not to be found on Casio's website and most curiously it is green! :-)

What are these XP-1 GDK3 synths?

Is the green color the only differentiator from a regular XW-P1 or are they some sort of limited edition?

Looks very interesting...

• Like 1

I have one. It is just a limited edition color. Otherwise exact same XW-P1 to my knowledge. It's actually a light gold color, not really green. I guess you could say it has a VERY MINIMAL green tint but I think it leans more towards a washed out metallic (slightly yellowish/greenish?) gold. I was a little unsure about the color at first just from looking at pictures online. It seemed kind of gaudy. I'm really not into flashy over the top "bling bling" stuff... but after learning that there were only 200 distributed nation-wide (supposedly...) and that my local GC had one, I decided to get it anyway just for the unique factor... pretty much a blind buy without seeing the color in person. They did not have it on display... actually did not even know it was a limited edition, LOL... I had to ask for it specifically and the guy spent a while trying to find it in the storage/warehouse/whatever the heck they use...

Once I got it home and opened it up, I was really pleased... the color looks a lot better in person than all the pictures I could find.

If your local GC has one, and if you're into the gold type of thing, I suggest giving it a try. Of course it's all just preference, but I'm glad I got mine instead of the standard color. Your store might not have it on display but maybe they'll let you take a peek in the box before buying. Or I guess if you are ordering online it would pretty much be a blind buy anyway. Maybe I'll see if I can take some pictures of mine, to give you a better idea, since I had a very hard time finding good pictures online.

• Like 1

Thanks, James!

It is very tempting as there were only 200 made available across US. After I read your post I went online and found a YouTube video with DJ Enferno promoting and playing one. I'm looking around for a synth and like that Casio is going back to the good old knobs and sliders way of controlling.

I spent hours and hours at the store playing around with Korg R3 and Microstation, loved the sounds, but did not at all like the menu diving and only 3-octave key bed or the mini keys. Roland Gaia was a total knob and slider nirvana, but it sounded really thin compared to the Korgs, maybe it's just me, I don't know. Still waiting for my GC to have the XW-P1 on display to give it a play.

Also excited to see what Casio comes up with at 2013 NAMM! :-)

• Like 1

That DJ Enferno video really does not show the color at all. I don't know why they make a video like that, for a special edition color, if they are only going to show the backside of the synth, and under stage lighting!!!

Here is another video I just found, looks like it was just uploaded recently. The quality is pretty bad... and I dunno what's up with the creepy serial killing breathing going on... but it does give a much more accurate representation of the color from different angles. :)

EDIT: Apparently I don't know how to embed YouTube videos... check out this link:

EDIT 2: Haha, apparently just putting the link in embeds it. See below. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wfC9s8ZgAo

Guest Steve Coscia

I just bought a XW-P1 GDK3 from GC (actually, my wife bought it for me as a Christmas present). It hasn't arrived yet. I'll post photos and more information after I get to use it a bit. The color looks cool online.

**edit** yeah i botched this all up -_-

Will just have to wait until I get home.

Anyone know about the "K3" part? Mine came in a regular XW-P1 box with a "GD" sticker the color of the synth next to the 'P1'

either way I think it looks a lot better than the regular P1, but I've been staring at a K5000S (giant silver beast) for two years >.> the Orange and silver isn't bad, though.

I tried taking some pics tonight, but the lights in my apartment are horrible. So on Saturday when it's sunny I will try again.

Honestly I think if one can find one, get the GDK3 :D But I do like a gold with green in it. It doesn't look gaudy/bling so much as dead sexy in an unusual way. Some sports cars today come in this color.

It's basically this, here's an old muscle car:

8551d1244857098-1972-4b-bright-green-gold-more.jpg

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

a long time since a post, according to the dates on this page, BUT I just found this page! ;)  

I googled my new keyboard, Casio XW-P1 GDK3 and found this.

I just bought a GDK3 (XW-P1) Casio from Musicians Friend, slighty used, for $425.  I was going to buy a new one at Guitar Center on Clay Blvd in Charlotte (off Harris), for $419, but the Casio discount ended.  I refuse to pay $499 (general weird principle), and I was only going to pay tax IF I got it for $419, but this keyboard from MF, though was sold to me as slighty used, doesn't have a mark on it. It was shipped only in a battered and bruised original box, but I opened that to find a pristine keyboard!  I don't think that the box was the one that came with this keyboard, as it doesn't even looked as if it's been touched.  Being a buddhist must help me somewhat, 'cause I don't remember even panicking when I saw the box, though, thinking back, it would have been quite natural to "freak-out" at the sight of those beat-to-hell box! LOL

I've turned it on and played a bit, but told myself that I was going to do something different, that I've never done, and read the manual (I'm a computer tech and RTFM is an acronym for "if all else fails, READ THE ******* MANUAL!" LOL)  FIRST, so I'm doing that!  I'm 63, and have learned that you are responsible for your own entertainment, so I look for different ways to entertain myself. ;)

Would like to hookup with other GDK3 owners (or any model of the XW-P1).  Anyone know of such a connection?  Can also contact me through my website.

Thanks!
Ed

Ed Clark
edclark.com

I tried taking some pics tonight, but the lights in my apartment are horrible. So on Saturday when it's sunny I will try again.

Honestly I think if one can find one, get the GDK3 :D But I do like a gold with green in it. It doesn't look gaudy/bling so much as dead sexy in an unusual way. Some sports cars today come in this color.

It's basically this, here's an old muscle car:

8551d1244857098-1972-4b-bright-green-gol

the color of this car is pretty close to the color of my "new" GDK3!  I vaguely remember a name for this color, but it's not coming in very clear! LOL

thanks for finding this and posting it!!  That's it!

Ed

Halloween, 2013

• 3 weeks later...