Video Files on Forum ×

Hello Everyone!

Hello all,

Just saw the news of these forums, and very happy to be one of the first here!

I am an amateur electronic music hobbyist, recently purchased an XW-P1 about 2 weeks ago and have been really enjoying it... still feel like I have barely scratched the surface, there are so many "modules" or layers involved, but slowly getting there. Also own a microKorg and enjoy dabbling with PD (Pure Data) and Ableton Live.

I've been really impressed by the little community that seems to be cropping up around these XW synthesizers. Huge thanks to people like Mike Martin and Craig Anderton (on another forum) for their efforts to provide various helps and community support.

I'm really excited to have discovered the XW-P1 and look forward to learning from everyone else, contributing as best I can, and just being part of this cool little community. :)

James

• Like 1

Hi James, Mike, et al...

I'm happy to sign up here. I've owned my XW about 6 months now. I was one of the first in Canada to receive one.

I still find it an exciting instrument with almost infinite depth and complexity.

I was a regular follower of Craig Anderton's thread over on Harmony Central and I found a lot of answers, but by no means do I yet consider myself an expert on this intricate piece of hardware.

I'm happy to contribute where I can and follow the Q&A's with interest as they continue to unravel the mystery that is the XW-P1...

Looking forward to talk to you all...

Gary

• Like 1

I'm glad to see these forums up and operational. I've seen happyrat in other XW threads at HC and keyboardforums.com. I'm a novice to electronic keyboards for the most part and own an XW-P1 as well as a JX-8P and a JV-1080. There is a lot of power in the XW and I feel that I'm just getting my toes wet.

• Like 1

Hey guys, welcome to the forum! This should be great and will allow us all to learn more about our great instruments. I've been using the XW's longer than anyone (aside from the R&D group at Casio Tokyo) and I still discover new things all the time. The depth of the XW's are pretty amazing. I'm working on a new video demo using both the XW-P1 and XW-G1 at the same time. I hope to have it done the first week of December.

See you soon,

-Mike

• Like 1

One suggestion I'd like to make about the new forum. It would be nice if there was email notification on threads which you posted in or requested to follow.

Otherwise, once traffic builds up it could become confusing trying to keep track of which threads are new and which ones aren't.

Gary

One suggestion I'd like to make about the new forum. It would be nice if there was email notification on threads which you posted in or requested to follow.

Otherwise, once traffic builds up it could become confusing trying to keep track of which threads are new and which ones aren't.

Gary

Gary, I think you can change that by using the pull-down menu beneath your name at the top. Go into My Settings.

Thanks John...

I think it should be turned on by default though. I managed to find it, but if you hadn't told me about it, I never would have known where to look. Most other boards simply put it up as an optional checkbox before you hit the reply button.

Thanks again,

Gary

Hi,

bought a G1 a couple of weeks ago and had one jam session with it. Quite impressed by what this thing can do for the price tag! I was looking for some sort of groovebox to complement my setup with a Juno Di and two kaoss pads (2&3). After I got to see the XW-G1 I decided to ditch the Juno and go for the casio. No regrets here..

I do have some questions about it, but I'll leave that for the right subforums.

cheers,

pitrak

Hi all im lookin4 from Canada i dont play anything musical but i did buy the xw p1 cuz it looked like fun to pay with. I have had it for about 2 months now and im still having fun with it .But now i want to share my music and cant record with a line in.

I did download 2 diffrent programs but they just record a piano sound and i was playing the solo synth ok

Hi Lookin4. Greetings back atcha also from the Great White North :)

For tips on sequencing and recording with the XW-P1 take a look at what I've been posting in this thread:

By the sound of it though, your problem is that your sequencing programs aren't properly configured for the XW-P1 and therefore revert to general midi (GM) toneset.

Reply in the thread I linked with more information about what programs you are using and what exactly you are trying to record and I'll try and help you out. The XW-P1 has a few quirks when it comes to PC sequencing programs.