Video Files on Forum ×

The biggest update Casio could make to PX5S

User 29303

well actually   i am happy with my PX5S ...Sounds are great ..playing is fun but if only casio would provide a Drum Bank for the Arpeggio of phrases...i know it is possible

doing it but it is hard to get the right drift and i think a good mix of different styles would upgrade the PX5 a lot.....yes i also tried converting midi to drum ...but it does not sound as good...

• Like 1

Most DAWS have nice drum pattern library's which can be converted some keyboardist like JokeyMan says to have a decent library to work with which he converts. I always wondered how one would make a good set of patterns that falls in liking for every one and since I'm into this drum programming as of late seeing my skills and all and the type of music I'm into, I would like to know how to provide a set of patterns to any one or have some of others who are into particular music genre's.

Hello guys, just checked in noticed this post. Thanks for remembering me, XW-Addict! I don't have a PX5s but px350 and XW-P1. If I have a better understanding of how the px5s works, I will try to help on this one.

I do have a collection of .mid files that are drum patterns only in several styles. Some are pretty accurate, some not much better than the Casio factory preset rhythms like the CTK and WK series. (I'm a percussionist/keyboard guy and know what these should sound like). I also use simple freeware programs to create patterns as .mid files which I either load into the px350 or simply play with a software sequencer connected to it.

If you are interested I can email you a .zip file with a whole bunch of beats as .mid files. It's not a very large file, .mid files are small. I've also been working on some better rhythm patterns which I will be glad to share when those are done. I use a Yamaha DTX electronic set which is better for this than the computer, at least for me.

yes could be nice to try out your mids... i also have a ton of drum samples ...i tried to convert them with the PX5S Converter Software but a lot of them did not start right there was always a liitle

precount in the drum pattern....

i also can record a pattern from my Korg IX300 as a Backing Sequenze and doing a export to SMF...

maybe this could also help creating a good Library of Drums for the PX5

Thanks Ebonivor, that's what I needed to know. A .mid (smf) file cant be saved in the PX5s. Piattica, I have your email I'll send these ou to you today. And Mau Van if you're interested send me your email as a private message (PM) and I'll do the same. If the PX5s is like the XW-P1 a phrase can be as long as an entire song or arrangement, correct? If this is true, then an entire drum percussion track could be created to play along with, yes? Sorry for typos I'm sending this with my phone not so easy with this small SCREEN!