Video Files on Forum ×

PX-350 Vibration sound from speaker

Guest Justin Wong

Guest Justin Wong

Hi, I had purchase this DP for about 2 mths and i just realized when i play my DP with a volume of 50%, i can hear the vibration sound from the speaker.

Wanna check with u all guys whether u all had the same encounter and any solution for this problem? I had tried not to place my DP near the wall it help, but not 100%.

Hope that u all guy can give some advise..

Thank You!

I am not sure what you mean by vibration sound and what is the relation with distance from a wall.

Anyway, my speakers sound perfectly normal.

Before I had a Casio WK 1200, which had a distinct vibration from the metallic grill over the left speaker, due to the grill being improperly attached. I disassembled the keyboard, but could not fix it, as there are no screws attaching the grill. Anyway, this is a totally different keyboard from the PX-350. As I said, I get no strange noises in the PX-350.

Other people have complained of this problem, on other forums.

. . . There may be a wire inside the case, which is vibrating against the loudspeaker.

Your choice:

. . . Return the keyboard to the dealer, and get another one;

. . . Take the keyboard apart, find the wire that vibrates, and use glue (silicone sealant) to hold it down.

I do _not_ have this problem with my PX-350, and I can't tell you how to take it apart.

. Charles

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am getting a vibration that may or may not be from the speaker - it sounds almost like it is the casing vibrating. Very inconconsistent, short duration, quiet. Listeners don't hear it, but I do. Produced by bass notes on grand pianos - below middle C. Not sure whether to return unit and try another.

• 3 months later...

I had the same problem after assembling it myself. I disassembled it and assembled again (tightening the screws a bit more). The vibration was gone. Check the assembly before you send back. You can check that by placing DP on a softer surface like bed. See if there is vibration (will be a little less but you can tell).

I noticed when I'm not playing and I press the sustain pedal it sounds like there's an air leak inside. Probably part of the system, but strange.

That's probably the (simulated) sound of the (simulated) dampers lifting off the (simulated) strings.  Try it on an acoustic piano -- you'll get a similar sound.

It's called "damper resonance", and it's a feature of the PX-150 (and related models).

.          Charles