Video Files on Forum ×

Output connectors work loose

Jody Barry

When I plug in my output jack to the unit, it does not feel tight and, as I have found out, it works its way loose during the gig, making it necessary for me to push it in after every song to assure connection.  Does anyone else have this problem and what did you do to fix it?  I have attached a video showing how when I push one output jack it, the other comes out...it simply is not a tight connection......not sure what to do about it. 

VID_20180219_135619_edit_0.mp4

Thanks for responding so quickly....yes, I have tried straight plugs as well thinking it was the right angle plug and it too seems too loose to make connection...and come loose when the other connector is pushed in.....only by holding the two of them simultaneously do they stay in and as I play, the left one works its way out......?

I'll say it's normal for the terminals to feel easier to connect and disconnect than say....a Fender guitar. Having said that, they should hold the plugs on a quality cable just fine under strain free conditions.  If it's popping plugs out on every cable you've tried, I might look into exchanging the keyboard or repair.  

Not necessarily a solution for you it seems, but an observation. I ordered right-angled jacks for the output connection as it ‘looked a bit smarter’ but because the jack connection is slightly recessed, the Stagg Jacks I purchased kept popping out because of the thicker part of the jack was pushed up so close to the keyboard. I returned these and purchased Planet Waves Jacks, of which the angled stem has a clear space between the side of the keyboard – and they work fine. Pictures below. However, I have to agree with Brad, that whatever jack I use the connectors are on the generous side and can feel loose. But they certainly shouldn’t pop out as shown in your video.

Planet Waves Jack.jpg

Stagg Jack.jpg