Video Files on Forum ×

Mz-x300 faders

Jack Russian

Hallo,

Bought a brand new x300 for€300 and so far happy with it.

Got a question about the behavior of the tiny sliders. I am able to use them as volume controller but only with the mixer on screen. How to use them in the backround? 

Do they send midi cc’s? Can i use them to control envelopes, filter, adsr or other parameters? 

Thanks for replies.

JR

Hi there.  The sliders are not programmable on the MZX series but K1 and K2 knobs, modulation wheel and expression pedal input are.  The sliders are preset to do various things depending on the current screen selection, various mixer levels while the mixer is open, drawbar levels with a VTW organ tone and layer levels, cutoff and resonance with a hex layer tone (MZ-X500 only).  You can setup the two knobs, wheel and expression pedal to crossfade tones or filter cutoff and many other things under the controller menu.  Save the settings as a registration.  

16 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

Hi there.  The sliders are not programmable on the MZX series but K1 and K2 knobs, modulation wheel and expression pedal input are.  The sliders are preset to do various things depending on the current screen selection, various mixer levels while the mixer is open, drawbar levels with a VTW organ tone and layer levels, cutoff and resonance with a hex layer tone.  You can setup the two knobs, wheel and expression pedal to crossfade tones or filter cutoff and many other things under the controller menu.  Save the settings as a registration.  

Thank you very much i`ll try it tonight.