Video Files on Forum ×

SAD CONCLUSION

igor

hallo, i still have the problem:

i cannnot in any way  load a user phrase in its bank (user data from 301 ....on) it only catches "sampling" samples ( i have stored into the usb pen) , as "samples" and they only play one second, like drum sampling but my samples are 3-5 second long!!! Why from usb i can only store samples as "sampling" (becouse i only find them there) and not in Phrases lots? please can you explain easily all the procedure? i did not find it anywhere!!! grazie from italy

ciao, thank you for answer - Why do you want to load samples into the phrase page? becouse i have a lot of samples and i want to use them as a base for example for chillout jazz and playng other with the keyboard- using the pad as a sample player- - - is it  not a common procedure?

i have plenty of samples (drums-piano etc..) and if i understood well, i can maximum use 16 at a time- i managed to record samplings of 9 seconds (maximum time allowed from the machine i think) but i cannot load samples from usb- If i were obliged to play those samples from PC, enter in z500 and fisically record them one by one, i  surely give up!!!

Later will follow other questions about EX layers, but one thing at the time!

But,,,,,,,,,,,, why in z500 tou don't put a SWING control, in order to humanize it and not to reduce styles to a sort of "machine-music"???

There are 3 banks of pad samples (A, B, C).  Each bank has 16 samples. That's 48 total samples. Areas 1 thru 12 of each bank are for short 3 second samples.  Areas 13 thru 16 are for 9 second long samples. 

To load 9 second long samples from USB WAV files, they must be stored in A-13 thru A-16, B-13 thru B-16 and C-13 thru C-16.  The other areas are for 3 second short samples.  WAV files must be 16 bit 44.1khz.

256MB Expansion memory wave samples are another subject.  😉

• Confused 1

On 7/3/2018 at 4:20 PM, Brad Saucier said:

There are 3 banks of pad samples (A, B, C).  Each bank has 16 samples. That's 48 total samples. Areas 1 thru 12 of each bank are for short 3 second samples.  Areas 13 thru 16 are for 9 second long samples. 

To load 9 second long samples from USB WAV files, they must be stored in A-13 thru A-16, B-13 thru B-16 and C-13 thru C-16.  The other areas are for 3 second short samples.  WAV files must be 16 bit 44.1khz.

256MB Expansion memory wave samples are another subject.  😉

ciao, i've tried to follow your theachings but i cannot obtain what  you say- I'VE BEen trying hours, but it seems not working- Are you so kind to write down step by step the procedure in order to put a 9 second long sample from the USB pen to a  mz500 phrase pad (or chord or sampling , what you want)??? i say thank you in advance, a very huge thank you, as i suspect that it is IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!  big ciao from italy!

oh, finally i'm beginning to do something (without sample manager... i simply load the samples into one of the last 4 slots.... )

But, another question: there are 3 banks. but can they work simultaneously or i have to load them one by one? Sorry, but i'm not yet entered in this way of reasoning! thankyou anyway!

So, is it better to load in the mz 500   pre-prepared maximum 9 seconds samples (i can do it with sound forge, and loop them) in order not to reduce its memory capacity? Or is it ininfluent and i can store for ex. 30 seconds long samples and only use a part of it without influence the capasity of memory?

14 hours ago, igor said:

oh, finally i'm beginning to do something (without sample manager... i simply load the samples into one of the last 4 slots.... )

But, another question: there are 3 banks. but can they work simultaneously or i have to load them one by one? Sorry, but i'm not yet entered in this way of reasoning! thankyou anyway!

So, is it better to load in the mz 500   pre-prepared maximum 9 seconds samples (i can do it with sound forge, and loop them) in order not to reduce its memory capacity? Or is it ininfluent and i can store for ex. 30 seconds long samples and only use a part of it without influence the capasity of memory?

ok. i 've tried and  i think that i have to conclude that it is all a big BULLSHEET becouse if i load the 4 long samples of bank 1 ,(on pads 1-2-3-4 for ex.) then, when i load the other of bank 2 ,(on pads 5--6-7-8 for ex.) when i touch the pad where i loaded the sound of bank 1 i hear the sounds of bank 2 - - - and they are not at all syncronized with the rythm and among themselves!!! So, it is impossible to obtain even the most simple basis with drum-bass- piano chords... Or is it my fault?

all is silent... i have sadly to conclude, after some half answers from experts administrators members , coming from precise questions, that not all is gold what's lightening (in italy we say so): the use of the pads, and maybe other features of the 500 is only abstract and not really functioning; the instructions, when and where are possible to be found, are few exaustive and few clear... I also wrote to the company support, but nobody answered me- Not for example like in the case of focusrite, in which i've been supported deeply in a chat with good technicians. Concluding, i can say that mz 500 is a good toy, amusing toy, but not professional as in the web they want to make believe.

On 3/10/2018 at 4:08 PM, igor said:

ok. i 've tried and  i think that i have to conclude that it is all a big BULLSHEET becouse if i load the 4 long samples of bank 1 ,(on pads 1-2-3-4 for ex.) then, when i load the other of bank 2 ,(on pads 5--6-7-8 for ex.) when i touch the pad where i loaded the sound of bank 1

It is not possible to use more than one user sample bank simultaneously. That is normal.   The sample bank setting is for all pads, not individual pads.

On 3/10/2018 at 4:08 PM, igor said:

and they are not at all syncronized with the rythm and among themselves!!! So, it is impossible to obtain even the most simple basis with drum-bass- piano chords... Or is it my fault?

Did you use the pad syncro button?   Did you turn on pad timing sync?  Using those and pad timing settings, it is possible to sync pad samples with a rhythm and with themselves when a rhythm is playing. 

On 12/03/2018 at 3:31 PM, igor said:

thank you, i'll try...

Meu friend
You will be able to add more loops
You create ZTN waves with points of loops on Sound Forge.
Or limit by show 7 seconds for ZTN.
You will be able to create ZTN with several Waves Loops.
Is limited, but can add some alternatives.
ZTN only works with keys.

Hi all!

Firstly, I'm pleased to see that Silvano is still with us, and that he hasn't "disappeared" from the group as he said his commitments might force him to do.

He has much to contribute!

Secondly, as far as the several questions, ( and, apparently, vociferous,complaints ),

in this thread, are concerned, I honestly believe there is an inherent obligation, which

is applicable to all we users, whether new or more experienced to:

1) -  Read the Manual, Tutorial, Appendix, and Midi Implementation pages, in full, --  and not simply skim through them -- because doing that will teach you little, if anything!

2) - Be very careful that your own "inconsistency", when using, or trying to use, certain features that you THINK the X500 possesses, don't lead you down a path of ranting about, what you see as, failings that the keyboard has, but which might just be your own expectations exceeding what the X500 ever promised it was capable of  doing!

3) - Accept, with gratitude, the assistance, and advice, that fellow-users, ( especially BRAD!! ) try to give you. Bear in mind that if they reply to your question/post, then it's because they're trying to help. They are not here to waste yours, or their own time, by trying to deliberately mislead you -- Why on earth would they do that?!?

4) - Learn the lesson that I, myself did, many months ago!! 

Before you rush to criticise individual members, or the Forum in general, be VERY certain of the ground you're standing on, because, if it's not as firm and solid as you first thought, you may slip -- and, sadly, simply reveal your own ignorance!

I've never tried to hide my admiration for what Casio achieved in their creation of the MZ-X500!

I've had to suffer criticism for what some others have seen as my sycophantic love affair with Casios dream-machine -- and I STILL feel the same as I always have!

The X500 is a stunningly brilliant, creatively versatile, near-masterpiece of a keyboard -- BUT, it has only ever been, and only ever will be, the keyboard that it's manual, tutorial, specs., o.s., etc clearly state that it is.

It can never be what some people simply assume that it is!

Take it easy, all

Chris

• Like 4

On 14/3/2018 at 5:39 PM, Silvano Silva said:

Meu friend
You will be able to add more loops
You create ZTN waves with points of loops on Sound Forge.
Or limit by show 7 seconds for ZTN.
You will be able to create ZTN with several Waves Loops.
Is limited, but can add some alternatives.
ZTN only works with keys.

thank you, i will try, but you know, pad are much more handly than keys, at least for me, and the keys are only 61

On 15/3/2018 at 4:33 AM, Songwriter2015 said:

Hi all!

Firstly, I'm pleased to see that Silvano is still with us, and that he hasn't "disappeared" from the group as he said his commitments might force him to do.

He has much to contribute!

Secondly, as far as the several questions, ( and, apparently, vociferous,complaints ),

in this thread, are concerned, I honestly believe there is an inherent obligation, which

is applicable to all we users, whether new or more experienced to:

1) -  Read the Manual, Tutorial, Appendix, and Midi Implementation pages, in full, --  and not simply skim through them -- because doing that will teach you little, if anything!

2) - Be very careful that your own "inconsistency", when using, or trying to use, certain features that you THINK the X500 possesses, don't lead you down a path of ranting about, what you see as, failings that the keyboard has, but which might just be your own expectations exceeding what the X500 ever promised it was capable of  doing!

3) - Accept, with gratitude, the assistance, and advice, that fellow-users, ( especially BRAD!! ) try to give you. Bear in mind that if they reply to your question/post, then it's because they're trying to help. They are not here to waste yours, or their own time, by trying to deliberately mislead you -- Why on earth would they do that?!?

4) - Learn the lesson that I, myself did, many months ago!! 

Before you rush to criticise individual members, or the Forum in general, be VERY certain of the ground you're standing on, because, if it's not as firm and solid as you first thought, you may slip -- and, sadly, simply reveal your own ignorance!

I've never tried to hide my admiration for what Casio achieved in their creation of the MZ-X500!

I've had to suffer criticism for what some others have seen as my sycophantic love affair with Casios dream-machine -- and I STILL feel the same as I always have!

The X500 is a stunningly brilliant, creatively versatile, near-masterpiece of a keyboard -- BUT, it has only ever been, and only ever will be, the keyboard that it's manual, tutorial, specs., o.s., etc clearly state that it is.

It can never be what some people simply assume that it is!

Take it easy, all

Chris

ciao,

Casio and others should think that non everybody is English- i' m italian, for example, and i did not find the few easy to find instructions in fhe box but on the web- AND in a language that is not mine!!!

Then, i'm very glad for advices i can find here, i don't understand if "Administrator " means that he is one of the ideators, the inventor ot mz500 or simply a good user of it... try to put yourself in my conditions and  try to understand  mysterious and subdole instructions as they are, whithout any other form of support from the casio (ther is a specific format to fill and send but nobody answered)

i take it easy, it's a good toy!

10 hours ago, igor said:

ciao,

Casio and others should think that non everybody is English- i' m italian, for example, and i did not find the few easy to find instructions in fhe box but on the web- AND in a language that is not mine!!!

Then, i'm very glad for advices i can find here,

I'm Italian too, and I've had to learn English. I agree that the Casio manuals aren't the best ones in the place, I'm speaking about the Privia PX-5S. My other synthesiser is a Kawai K5000.

The guy it gave me because has some problems and he wasn't using it, and said that was a keyboard for engineers. Luckily after a firmware restore and a good cleaning of the keybed I made it to work again. Anyway... the user manual is only in English and doesn't explain at all some things. Luckily I have found the scan of a booklet that explain better how to program it.

I have some amateur radio gear and the manual are way more exhaustive, normally with schematic diagrams, part list and disassembling instruction. I think this is because the firms are also making similar radios for marine and air use and they have to follow stricter regulations, so they're used to write them, and anyway amateur radio gear is relatively low production and costly, so the expense of a decent manual is a little part of the final price.

Other consumer items have the same problem. Have you lately bought a personal computer? I remember when the first IBM and compatible were sold, wit 300-pages manuals explaining MSDOS and the setup and installation guide. Nowadays you're lucky to find a sheet of paper inside the box.

Anyway for work related reasons I've had to improve my English. I gone back to school and followed some public courses (FCI - formazione continua individuale) and started to follow satellite television programmes. I fe found actually interesting and fun to learn English, so when I arrived at the maximum level for English, I started to study French!

Excuse me if I made a big OT - but poor user manuals I think are a big problem on nowadays appliances.

• Like 2

I'm old enough to remember the very earliest days of the Analogue Synth era, stretching into the advent of Digital and the beginnings of Midi, and I swear some of the manuals that came with those keyboards were funnier than anything you'd read in MAD magazine, or see on tv!! 

Roland were definitely the worst - or should that be "best"! 😄 - but the others weren't much better! ( or worse?!? ).

I can't believe I'm the only member of this Forum who found himself literally helpless with laughter at the totally inept translation of, what were, completely unintelligible "instructions", from Japanese ( yep, they were, pretty much, all still made in Japan back then, believe it or not! ) into English!

It made for some highly entertaining moments in the rehearsal room, I tell you!

That is, until we realised we still had to figure out how to PLAY the things!

I know the MZ-X500 manual is far from perfect, but believe me, its like a Pulitzer Prize winner compared to the way things were "back then"! 😊

Take it easy all

Chris

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2018 at 3:16 PM, Brad Saucier said:

It is not possible to use more than one user sample bank simultaneously. That is normal.   The sample bank setting is for all pads, not individual pads.

Did you use the pad syncro button?   Did you turn on pad timing sync?  Using those and pad timing settings, it is possible to sync pad samples with a rhythm and with themselves when a rhythm is playing. 

i tried both measure and beat syncro, and the syncro button near the pads but it doe not work