Video Files on Forum ×

Batteries on CT-X700/800/3000

mirka

I always use rechargeable ones in my PX-5S. Never had an issue. I use Eneloops only and a slow charger. The runtime may be not as long as when using non-rechargeable ones, but I save a ton of money and don't harm the environment so much. Other companies do not differentiate so strongly between usage of chargeable and non-rechargeable batteries. Why Casio does this, I don't know.

But be warned: Use rechargeable ones at your own risk!

AFAIK, there shouldn’t be an issue with using rechargeables.  When you run a battery down its voltage goes down, and the device doesn’t work anymore.  The thing with rechargeable AA’s is that instead of starting at 1.5 volts (actually around 1.75), the rechargeables start at 1.2 volts (actually around 1.45 volts).  So, if it’s not designed for rechargeables it probably works just fine.  But I’m speculating, best to get someone who knows.  

At least you can use AA batteries- the WK 7600 uses D cells!

What i wish is that the CT-X5000 would work off of batteries!  I realize there’s 30 watts of speakers being driven, but when it ran off of batteries they could have disabled the onboard speakers.  I’ve often been in unplugged jams where my amp is battery driven, but the keyboard, mz-x500, needs wall power.  Sure would be sweet!

Randy