Video Files on Forum ×

PX-160 and Windows 10

laurentr

Hello all,

I'm trying to connect a PX-160 with a USB cable to a laptop running Windows 10.

When I enter the USB Mode on the PX, the laptop does recognise the PX and shows it as Drive:F.

I can put Midi files in the MusicLib folders.

But when I run a sequencer (LMMS), the PX doesn't show. Am I missing something?

Should I install a driver, and if so, is the latest driver compatible with Windows 10?

Thanks for your replies.

I don't personally have a PX-160, but it seems according to the manual that there are two USB modes on your keyboard.

If you would like to transfer MIDI, put the keyboard in Storage mode. If you want to use the keyboard as a controller for LMMS, then you have to put it in MIDI mode, and possibly then exit and re-open LMMS.

I believe you can toggle the USB mode by holding down FUNCTION and pressing the E an octave above Metronome Beat 6.

Look in the manual for more info.

As far as LMMS, if you would like to control an instrument, you must go to it's settings by clicking on it's name (E.G. The triple oscillator or Kicker instrument), and 1. Set the input device by clicking the piano icon. 2. Enable MIDI Input.

I haven't used LMMS in quite a while though, so you may want to check with a forum there if this isn't working for you.

Best wishes for your music-making success!

Triple OSC Midi Input.PNG