Video Files on Forum ×

What are the differences between CT-X3000 and CT-X5000?

I'm certain I have an awful lot of faults, guys, but "ego" based around stuff I know little or nothing about, is not one of them!

Thus, having made a firm decision to add either a "3000" or "5000" to my arsenal of keyboards - including, of course, my MZ-X500 - I need to know whether the hypothetical conclusion I've come to is anywhere near accurate, or whether I'm way off the mark!!

My "conclusion" is that the best value, across the entire range comes in the shape of the "3000"!!

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that the only significant difference, as far as I can see, between the 3000 and the 5000, is in the output power of the inbuilt speakers?

So, as the keyboard, like virtually everything in the studio, will be, without exception, output through the monitors, the studios' PA systems, or headphones, the power of the speaker system is pretty much irrelevant.

ANY advice that any of you incredibly knowledgeable people ( and, no, I'm not being sycophantic! ) can give me, that might assist me in deciding which of these two keyboards to pre-order, would be very much appreciated. 😊

Hope this hasn't sounded too "needy"!

Take it easy all

Chris

I put together this list a few weeks back.  There may be other differences but I'm sure this covers most of them. 

In addition to what's in the CT-X3000 (minus optional battery operation), the CT-X5000 adds....

8 additional system reverb types
4 additional system chorus types
5 additional system delay types 
User 4 band semi-parametric master EQ 
50 additional user rhythms
Modulation/assignable button
Tone and Rhythm category buttons
Line out terminal 1/4" x 2
Microphone input 1/4" 
Mic volume knob
Speaker system 15w x 2 (6w x2 for CT-X3000)