Video Files on Forum ×

How to split tones range in upper/lower parts

sim1969

Hi.

At page EN-18 of the manual it is written about splitting :"You can also turn each part (Upper 1, 2 and Lower 1, 2) on or off, and change the range of each part. For details, see “TONE Screen” under “Configuring Digital Keyboard Settings (page EN-50)".

At page EN-50 I can see only "Octave: Change the range of each part in octave units". That thing transposes the tone in octaves.

Coming from an Xw-p1, that has four freely assignable ranges for tones/parts, I thought that the first sentence meant that I can assign two tones to Upper 1 and 2 and, under the Upper range of keyboard, I could assign a different range to each tone. Is it so?

To explain better: is it possible to assign a range of keys to Upper 1 tone and a different range of keys to Upper 2 tone (the two ranges not overlapping)?

I played the mz x500 for a little time, but I like it a lot; but what is the advantage of having Upper and Lower parts (as Mz x500) versus the ability to split the keyboard in four parts freely as in Xw-p1?

I think the second is more flexible. But I'm not a synth/keyboard expert, so my ignorance colud drive me to wrong conclusions.

Thank you.

Sim

The MZ-X500 has a single split point between upper and lower zones.  That split is movable to any note.  That's probably what they mean by range in this case.  The two lower parts can be reassigned as upper parts allowing a maximum of 4 layered tones.  All of those can be hex layer tones for a maximum of 24 layers of sound on a single key.  Within a hex layer tone of course, each layer can have fully independent key ranges. So for more advanced key mapping, one could create hex layer tones for that.  The main advantage to a single split point is user friendliness, speed and ease of setup.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2018 at 5:00 AM, Brad Saucier said:

The two lower parts can be reassigned as upper parts allowing a maximum of 4 layered tones.  All of those can be hex layer tones for a maximum of 24 layers of sound on a single key

Just to be clear, are you saying that the two upper and two lower tones can be overlapped/layered simultaneously across the entire keybed (or even on a keybed range) to actually play 4 tones on any one key?  I cannot duplicate this, if that’s what you meant.  Please give detailed instructions.  Thanks.

Quand vous êtes sur la position "tones" si vous touchez " position" vous pouvez modifier la position des 4 tones :

1 upper 1 lower

2 upper 2 lower

3 upper 1 lower ( ou l' inverse )

4 upper

ou 4 lower

When you are on the position tones if you touch position you can modify the position of the 4 tons:

1 upper 1 lower

2 upper 2 lower

3 upper 1 lower (or the reverse)

4 upper

or 4 lower

• Like 1