Video Files on Forum ×

M-Audio SP-2 sustain pedal

Extoboy48

On the recommendation of another user, I went out and bought an M-Audio SP-2 sustain pedal to replace the flimsy damper pedal supplied by Casio (which works).

The SP-2 is a major upgrade in quality, heft and touch. HOWEVER, it appears to induce a mild tremolo with the sustain. It's pretty, but not wanted.

Any suggestions besides take it back?

Update: I just plugged the original damper pedal back in, and guess what? The same tremolo is still there. I did a factory reset (I allow my 6-year-old grandson "free time" after his lesson) in case something had been changed. Tremolo is still there.

I've only had the 560 a couple of weeks and am still becoming familiar with it. Didn't notice the tremolo before (old age I guess). Is this a common trait of this machine? BTW - have 1.14 firmware.

Edited by Extoboy48
New discovery

• 1 month later...

It's not quite the topic, and I'm glad you figured out what was going on, but one other little tidbit you may already know...

Playing your keyboard in the vicinity of a ceiling fan can also do stupid stuff to the sound. It'll do the same thing with a real piano.

:)

I've tried many different sustain pedals and my favorite(actually surprised me a bit), just on feel alone, is the Casio SP-20. The distance from the pedal to the floor, the feel of the pedal travel, the smoothness of it, is most impressive and glad I made the recent purchase.