Video Files on Forum ×

Firmware 01.15

Vintage

Hi-  I just purchased a PX-560 and I see it came pre-loaded with Firmware 01.15.  I haven't seen mention of this version anywhere and was wondering what improvements or changes are in it vs the 01.14.  I don't even see this version available for download.

Thoughts?

Brian

One thing I see is that the Yamaha FC-7 pedal that I have works as well as the Roland EV-5 that I bought just for this keyboard.  I had read through other threads that that the FC-7 wasn't compatible.  Possibly due to the firmware?

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Casio needs to address more with this keyboard. Give us some support with tones and so on. More updates would be great. I am a professional player using this board not for a play at home instrument. The PX 5  had that little screen that really sucked!

I have also installed the new firmware 1.15.  It took some time to update, but it seems to be working with no issues so far.  However, I still cannot tell what has changed.  I sent an email to Casio to ask if they can provide more information on the changes.  A representative responded and said he has contacted their parent company in Japan to see if they can provide more information.  So far no response from them.  Has anyone else figured out what operation improvements were made?

• 1 year later...
On 5/18/2018 at 9:33 AM, kybdsammer said:

Here is the response from Casio Japan:

"In firmware version 1.15, we added the function that start with "GM SYSTEM ON" system."

@SimoneCarini I agree with your reaction to this quote.  I suspect the GM SYSTEM was not ON as a default until firmware 1.15.  However, this is just my interpretation of their response to me.  If anyone else has more clarification on the update, please let us know.  Thanks.

• Like 1