Video Files on Forum ×

CHA-CHA-CHA (medley)

Thanks!  I guess you had to live it to understand the inside jokes.  I highlighted three songs that were very popular in the 50s.  The first one is about the Cuban "bodegas" and the "bodegueros", and I found a vintage image of what they were (like a supermarket).  The second one is about a corner in Old Havana that was famous for flirting and pick ups.  "La Enganadora" is about a woman who uses padding to improve her "image".  The final one is about an April Fool's prank in Havana in the 50s that the radio announced that Martians had landed, and they had a fake flying saucer somewhere.  The song is about the Martians landing, all of them dancing the cha cha.  I'm glad you liked it.  Brought back a lot of memories.

I should add some narrative to the video sometimes...  With my own songs, I just try to pick images that fit well with the melody, but when I'm arranging a song or medley of known melodies, I really try to make the images relevant.  It's so great that you give me some feedback because I'm really operating in a vacuum her...  I really appreciate your comments!  BTW, the dog photo just looked too perfect for me to ignore...  😀

• Like 1