Video Files on Forum ×

PX-560 travel case

Bellyman

Love the new PX-560! But I need a travel case for it. Not a flight case, it won't be flying anywhere, just a case to take from gig to gig in the back of a car, something to offer some protection from the little bumps that are inevitable.

Anybody have one that they like? Seems like I was talking to PianoMan Chuck about it and can't find the emails where we were talking about what he has and likes. (I hate it when that happens.)

I had originally thought maybe a case that would hold the whole thing, keyboard, stand and seat, but I'm kinda rethinking that. The stand is a little too big unless I break it down more than I'd really like to for a quick in and out kind of thing. Got a Z type stand and really like it, but it's pretty heavy. Thinking it would be best either just separately or in it's own case, or maybe along with a cheap seat. (I have a drummers throne but that's also quite heavy and isn't as compact as I might like for quick stuff.)

So basically, it would be a case for the keyboard, the power supply, the pedal, and very likely, the music rack, too, which I happen to like. (Don't know how durable that will be but enjoying it while it lasts.)

Thanks for the input!

Brian

1 hour ago, Brad Saucier said:

They won't hold the music rest but it will hold the power cables, patch cords and some other small stuff.

Kinda begs the question, where is a good place to put the music rest?  When I packed the new keyboard into my old flight case, which is big enough for two PX-560s, I put it back in the bubble wrap sleeve that Casio sent it to me in and placed it underneath the Casio. It seemed to do well there.

I could continue to use my old case but the thing is a monster. I'd really rather have something smaller. I suppose there might be the potential to get everything packed in there, including a stand, a seat, and maybe a small set of studio monitors. But then it would probably be as heavy or heavier than my old Roland, and that would defeat a lot of the purpose of getting the PX-560 in the first place.

Thanks for your comments!

Have a look at this bag: Classenti CKB10  

I purchased this bag to transport PX560 safely to and from venues and have found it to be a perfect fit: able to take the board and the SP-33 Pedal strip in the main compartment, extra foot-pedal in the smaller of the outside pockets, and the music stand + music fit perfectly in the second larger outside pocket.

All the best!