Video Files on Forum ×

Am i going to far? (Style Creating topic)

TheBradge

It's been a week since i've got the MZ-X300! And i really love it, the UI is fantastic, the ease of use! And the way you can create styles on it like it's nothing is incredible.

So far i've created a total of 9 styles on the machine, and i would like to give you a listen to them and hope to get some feedback from you, if you want to give me that.. (Some aren't finished in the video's but are by now!)

If there is demand for Casio styles then i can try to recreate songs you would like to have a songstyle for, or i can create a certain genre of music (Although i'm not really good at generic styles)

I hope this is allowed! 

And OF COURSE! If other people have created styles on the MZ-X range please drop them here in my topic :) 

• Like 2

I give thumbs up for Clap Pop, Orch Pop, Baby Stone, and Feel Funk. And a suggestion: remember those old 60's tunes that had the clap sound like early Beatles (I'll Get You comes to mind) and Motown? That would be a good style.

11 hours ago, m10538 said:

A suggestion: remember those old 60's tunes that had the clap sound like early Beatles (I'll Get You comes to mind) and Motown? That would be a good style.

Like i said earlier, i'm not good at making generic styles, but i hope you like it..

The styles are very cool.
One of the advantages of the entire MZ series is that it is very easy and intuitive to use. Unfortunately, the sound as a whole is very weak and far from the competition (Yamaha /Korg/Roland). Casio Mz sounds artificial and without the use of samples nothing can be done. Only the new CT-X series introduces new sounds and a new effect system that completely transforms these instruments. Can I ask you to submit my FEEL FUNK style to petersohn@wp.pl ? I will throw in my version recorded on MZ-x500.

The MZ-X sounds pretty good! Of course it won't sound AS good as a PSR-S series or a Tyros/Genos. but the MZ-X300 is 300 bucks and the MZ-X500 around 600.. Of course the CT-X is going to sound better, but then you're going to miss the touchscreen, higher polyphony, and it's in my opinion basically just a CTK with 2 variations more and better speakers/DSP..

as soon as i've got them on the computer i will send the Feel Funk to you!