Video Files on Forum ×

Privia PX350 recorded my song, but the data is NOT on the USB stick

looppool

I just recorded on my Privia PX350 for the first time.

I can play it back, but there is no data on the USB stick.
I want to take the recording I have and transfer it to my computer but 
I can't find anywhere in the manual where it tells me how to do it.

Anyone know?

Thanks,  Rick Walker  aka loop.pool

A couple of questions-did you record this using the "audio recorder" or the "song recorder". And is the thumb drive "mounted"? Audio recorder song are saved in a different folder on the thumb drive than song recorder songs. Look at page 56 in the manual-to access the thumb drive you can see here you need to press and hold the function button and the USB device mode will show on the screen. Pages 48, 49 and 50 describe how to save and load data to and from the thumb drive. if this didn't happen, you will see nothing when you plug it into the computer.  The PX350 is supposed to automatically save an audio recording on the thumb drive in it's own folder, which will not be the same folder as the "song recorder" songs which are a form of Casio proprietary midi data, although you can also save and load smf midi files with the p350.

I have the p350, this part of it is not the most user friendly IMO. If you don't do everything exactly right with the buttons, it won't do what it is designed to. Guess I described more than you needed to know. hope I helped and didn't make things worse. Also, make sure the thumb drive has all the right folders, which are created by the PX350 once the drive is "mounted" by the PX350.