Video Files on Forum ×

Gluing Privia case

Elby

I have a Privia PX-350 that I've opened for repairs. A couple of plastic screw connectors have broken off, and there's a rather sizable crack in the case I hadn't noticed previously. Can someone suggest a glue that will work well on this plastic?  Thanks!

The use of hot melt glue guns are great for sticking plastic and the glue has the advantage of being relatively easy to remove without leaving a mess on the plastic components

Alternatively, if its from the inside of the case you could also try 'welding' the two sides of the crack together with the hot tip of soldering iron

If small, a good crazy glue will work, be careful its easy to glue your fingers together. If repairing the screw anchors you need something stronger. I use jbweld, a 2-part epoxy as Casiofun said. I use the "steel" version in 2 tubes. I can repair anchors broken off that will need some strength if you want to remount the screws in there. A bit messy but is pretty strong. I have also repaired bigger end panels with it. It mixes to a dark gray almost black and can be filed, trimmed and sanded as well as re-painted.

jbweld.jpg.jpg

Super glue, epoxy. It is designed for gluing in various combinations of various materials: metals, wood, glass, rubber, plastic, leather, fabric, cardboard, etc. Universal adhesive ensures reliability and high strength of the glued joint.